Two terrorists were killed today in an encounter with security forces at Qazigund in Jammu and Kashmir.
Two soldiers sustained injuries in the attack.More news: Tennessee's search now turns toward Kevin Sumlin
An official identified the slain as Sepoy Jitender Singh who was hurt in militant attack on army patrol.
"The gunfight began after contingents of army and police cordoned off the locality especially the suspected house", Ghulam Hassan, a local told Xinhua. The ongoing encounter began in the evening after militants opened fire on an Army vehicle in Bounigam area of Qazigund.
Director General of Police (DGP) DR S P Vaid said dead bodies of two militants have been recovered and search operation was still going on.More news: NASA fires up Voyager 1 backup thrusters after 37 years
As the gunfight erupted between the militants and security forces, the locals of the area took to roads and attempted to march towards the encounter site amidst chanting of pro-freedom and anti-India slogans. The security forces fired tear-smoke shells and pellets to disperse them.
Meanwhile, people, mostly youths hit the streets, trying to disrupt the search operation in the area.More news: Ambassador Haley: US will utterly destroy North Korean regime in war
- Houthi rebels killed in N.Yemen clashes: Army
- Shohei Ohtani meeting with Major League Baseball teams next week
- Amazon Australia is live, Prime to launch in mid
- American Airlines Resolves Problem That Could Have Canceled Thousands of Flights
- Meghan Markle's the star on royal debut
- Syrian state media: Israeli missiles strike near Damascus
- Chiefs vs. Jets: Marcus Peters leaves game in fourth quarter
- Mom's boyfriend arrested as authorities say missing 3-year-old assumed dead
- GM's Self-Driving Cars Could Hit The Roads By 2019
- New England Patriots take on the Buffalo Bills