"More importantly, the others deserve an opportunity to play". "And when the period for that hard work comes, also the fatigue comes", the boss of the veteran Swede.
However, with the Red Devils scheduled to play their second game in the space of three days when they host the Russian giants on Tuesday, the former Real Madrid boss will make changes, though Mourinho stressed that Manchester United have not yet qualified for the next round and will have to get the job done.
"Of course, he's a bit exhausted because it was a huge match at the weekend and just two days to recover for CSKA", Mourinho said at a press conference when asked if Pogba would feature. He is on his cycle of work divided between the gym and the pitch.More news: Nebraska reportedly hiring UCF's Scott Frost as new head coach
City remain eight points clear at the top of the Premier League after snatching a third late victor in as many domestic games on Sunday and even have the chance to break the Premier League record for consecutive wins, held by Arsenal and Chelsea at 13, at Old Trafford next weekend.
A bad injury early on in his fledgling Red Devils career put plans on the back foot and since his recovery there have been rumours of a struggle to keep weight down and a poor attitude have followed the England defender around.
Mourinho warned his United players against looking past CSKA and ahead to the Manchester derby on Sunday.More news: GM's Self-Driving Cars Could Hit The Roads By 2019
"A couple of other guys are playing every match and they also need a rest", Mourinho added yesterday in his press conference.
He said: "Romero is the best because he plays and my goalkeeper is always best in the world".
'Sergio Romero is number one and Joel [Pereira] number two, and David is the third best'. I am not going to make him play so Matic is out. So now David is the third best. "It's just the next match, we don't think about the next, next". We didn't qualify yet and I need to keep a certain balance in the team.More news: NCAA smacks Ole Miss with additional postseason ban, more scholarship cuts
But he will give Luke Shaw the chance to put himself in the shop window. Selected for tomorrow, yes, for sure.
- NASA fires up Voyager 1 backup thrusters after 37 years
- 2 militants killed, soldier, civilian injured in Qazigund
- Ambassador Haley: US will utterly destroy North Korean regime in war
- Quake detected near North Korea nuclear site
- Giancarlo Stanton rumors: Marlins have trade framework in place with Giants, Cards
- Cinnabon honors National Cookie Day with "Cookie BonBites"
- Woods ties for ninth in Bahamas as Fowler wins with closing 61
- Google Is Clamping Down On App Data Collection
- Manchester United Blitz Arsenal With Two Quick-Fire Goals
- Meghan Markle's the star on royal debut