"There are very few places in America that I would have left Florida State for, and Texas A&M is at the top", Fisher said in an earlier statement. The 52-year-old had been vocal about his desire to improve Florida State's facilities last season, starting with the construction of a new football operations building.
"Today, I stand you with proof that Texas A&M is an opportunity for greatness", Woodward said. "And there was a commitment to excellence and there was a vision for what we wanted to do", Fisher said. In addition to that, Fisher will become the second highest paid coach in college football behind Alabama's Nick Saban.More news: Chiefs vs. Jets: Marcus Peters leaves game in fourth quarter
Getting to know more about Fisher in the coming weeks will be crucial if the Aggies want to stay in this one. You can have Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, you can have the greatest coaches in the world, but if your administration doesn't see things in the way you see things and allow you to do things that way, nothing can be achieved. "And I am confident that the opportunity for greatness is right around the corner". In his eight seasons as head coach, FSU won three conference titles and one national championship. "I've always admired Texas A&M from afar and appreciated what it had". "That's where we want to be, and what we want to be - and eventually to the National Championship".
Woodward said by bringing Fisher to A&M that is just another confirmation that Aggieland has was it takes to do so.More news: Quake detected near North Korea nuclear site
Taylor-Stuart and O'Neal, among other Texas A&M commits, struck up a friendship during the summer camp circuit and it could have been helpful to Taylor-Stuart to have O'Neal in College Station.
Fisher averaged more than 10 wins per season during his tenure at Florida State and his.783 winning percentage was fourth-best among active head coaches (minimum five years) and the best in Atlantic Coast Conference.More news: Ambassador Haley: US will utterly destroy North Korean regime in war
- Meghan Markle's the star on royal debut
- GM's Self-Driving Cars Could Hit The Roads By 2019
- First (and last) supermoon of 2017 is coming
- Manchester United Blitz Arsenal With Two Quick-Fire Goals
- Giancarlo Stanton rumors: Marlins have trade framework in place with Giants, Cards
- NASA fires up Voyager 1 backup thrusters after 37 years
- NCAA smacks Ole Miss with additional postseason ban, more scholarship cuts
- Missing Florida teen has 'emotional reunion' with family
- Nathan Redmond: Pep Guardiola was complimentary during passionate, intense chat
- Jose Mourinho Pondering Luke Shaw Start Against CSKA Moscow