Over 500 EVMs out of more than 30,000 deployed in UP civic polls had to be replaced this time.
The official break-up of the Uttar Pradesh elections confirmed the figures viral on the social media since early morning showing the BJP's poor show in all polls, except those of mayors, conducted through ballot papers.
"If the BJP claims that they enjoy the mandate of the people and the entire country is with them, then they should set aside EVMs and hold elections through ballot paper". He claimed that people will again give a befitting reply to Opposition parties in 2019 Lok Sabha elections.More news: NASA fires up Voyager 1 backup thrusters after 37 years
Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday took to Twitter to show that the BJP has won only in areas where EVMs were used. "But, it lost most of the seats where election was held using ballot paper". The Samajwadi Party too won a clear majority in 2012 Assembly poll and EVMs were used in the elections, " argued Pandey. Akhilesh Yadav said that the BJP says that out of 16 elections held in Uttar Pradesh, BJP won 14, BSP won 2 and the Congress-SP disappeared. "The results haven't been out yet and they have already started making excuses for their defeat".
Among municipal corporators in the big cities, while BJP did lead with 596 seats, independents stood second with 224, followed by SP at 202, BSP at 147, Congress at 100 and AAP at 3 seats.More news: Mom's boyfriend arrested as authorities say missing 3-year-old assumed dead
"The BJP (and its allies), which had won 73 out of the 80 Lok Sabha seats and 325 out of 403 assembly seats in UP, could manage to win only 184 out of 652 seats in the UP urban local body polls". "The media is not looking the facts that the BJP failed according to its total winning percentage but was just highlighting the subject (read mayoral results) in which BJP gets distinction", Singh said.
The BJP, however, termed the allegations as baseless and eyewash.
"It won 14 out of 16 mayoral seats in UP due to electronic voting machines (EVMs)". The same were used in 2007 Assembly elections where the BSP emerged victorious and formed the government on its own. "The three parties are indulging in this propaganda to hide their disappointment following the electoral losses", he added.More news: Meghan Markle's the star on royal debut
- Jose Mourinho Pondering Luke Shaw Start Against CSKA Moscow
- Nebraska reportedly hiring UCF's Scott Frost as new head coach
- Missing Florida teen has 'emotional reunion' with family
- American Airlines Resolves Problem That Could Have Canceled Thousands of Flights
- 2 militants killed, soldier, civilian injured in Qazigund
- Cinnabon honors National Cookie Day with "Cookie BonBites"
- Houthi rebels killed in N.Yemen clashes: Army
- Phase 1 of Shahid Beheshti Port Development Plan in Chabahar inaugurated
- Ambassador Haley: US will utterly destroy North Korean regime in war
- Google Is Clamping Down On App Data Collection