This was a very taxing experience, which ultimately took a serious toll on my own health. There was a Director's Guild of America representative on Bohemian Rhapsody's set, and since Singer did the bulk of the directing work himself, he'll likely end up getting sole directing credit for the film when all is said and done.
Several more insiders who talked with the abovementioned publication also claim that even with Singer around, production is rarely smooth sailing due to his behavior. Before Thanksgiving, Malek confronted Singer about being unprofessional, however it did not get physical and according to the trade, the two settled their differences.More news: Meghan Markle's the star on royal debut
Much like Solo - which was nearing the end of its shoot when Lord & Miller parted ways with Disney - Bohemian Rhapsody only had roughly two weeks before wrapping principal photography. Singer had reportedly failed to show up on set a few times, and was absent and remained in the United States following a Thanksgiving break. Rami Malek of Mr. Robot fame was cast as Freddie Mercury in the film and from one production still certainly passes for a dead ringer of the singer.
Studio representatives declined to comment on the circumstances surrounding Singer's departure or future plans for the film, which is now slated for a December 2018 release.More news: Woods ties for ninth in Bahamas as Fowler wins with closing 61
The studio terminated Singer under the "pay or play" provision of his contract, sources indicated, due to his repeated failures to show up on the set. Singer, the former "X-Men" director who has describes "Bohemian Rhapsody" as a passion project, has since said he left the U.K. -based production to care for an ill parent in the United States. They also note that cinematographer Thomas Newton Sigel had to step in and direct the film on the days that Singer was unexpectedly absent.
There is now no word who would replace Singer to finish the film.More news: Ambassador Haley: US will utterly destroy North Korean regime in war
- Time announces Person of the Year finalists
- NASA fires up Voyager 1 backup thrusters after 37 years
- North Korea's Nuclear Test Are Spreading 'Ghost Disease' Causing Deformations, Defectors Say
- Chiefs vs. Jets: Marcus Peters leaves game in fourth quarter
- Giancarlo Stanton rumors: Marlins have trade framework in place with Giants, Cards
- Another annoying iOS 11 autocorrect bug has emerged
- American Airlines Resolves Problem That Could Have Canceled Thousands of Flights
- 2 militants killed, soldier, civilian injured in Qazigund
- Google Is Clamping Down On App Data Collection
- LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball explore playing professionally overseas, report says