CSK and Rajasthan Royals (RR), who will be returning to the league after serving two-year suspensions, will be allowed to retain players who played for their respective squads in the 2015 IPL season and those who were part of now defunct teams Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune Supergiant.
As player retention price guideline, if a franchise retains three players the price cap of the first player retained will be Rs 15 crore, Rs 11 crore in case of the second player and Rs 7 crore in case of the third player.
According to report by the Indian Express, one franchise was reportedly in favour of retaining as many as five players, while another proposed retention of one player per team. At least 75 percent of the salary cap will have to be spent during each season. STAR India bagged the global rights for a five-year period for Rs 16,347.50 crore. For Dhoni and CSK fans, it means that MSD will don the yellow jersey once again. "The player pool available for CSK and RR for retention/RTM will be the players who played for them respectively in IPL 2015 and who were part of RPS (Rising Pune Supergiant) and GL (Gujarat Lions) squads in IPL 2017", the council said in a release. The IPL Governing Council also hiked the salary budget of the franchises from Rs 66 crore to Rs 80 crore for the next year's auction, tentatively set for February.More news: Jimmy Smith receives 4-game suspension
Commenting on the fact that the team will get to pick the players from the 2015 IPL squad, the CSK director affirmed that they are not losing their head over it and are quite content with the rule.
A maximum of either 3 retention or 3 RTM at the discretion of the franchises.
Maximum number of 2 Uncapped Indian players. The BCCI has eliminated the "soft cap" concept wherein teams were previously permitted to have private deal with players on their fee.More news: Another annoying iOS 11 autocorrect bug has emerged
If the franchise retains one player: The cost of the player will be 12.5 crores INR.
When news filtered in on Wednesday on IPL player retention, there was relief and joy in the Chennai Super Kings camp. CSK and RR have the allowance to retain players from among those who played for them in the 2015 season and it is nearly certain that Dhoni will be back in CSK colours in the next season.More news: Flynn told a business associate Russian sanctions would be 'ripped up'
- Google Is Clamping Down On App Data Collection
- Heinrich Releases Video Promoting Computer Science Education Week, STEM Education
- 2 militants killed, soldier, civilian injured in Qazigund
- Venezuela's Maduro, under pressure from U.S. sanctions, vows to launch cryptocurrency
- Jose Mourinho Pondering Luke Shaw Start Against CSKA Moscow
- Texas A&M officially introduces Jimbo Fisher as new head coach
- Ambassador Haley: US will utterly destroy North Korean regime in war
- UP: Opposition demands elections in future be held through ballot papers
- Time announces Person of the Year finalists
- LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball explore playing professionally overseas, report says