The Democratic leaders have long believed that any effort to take up Trump's impeachment is premature as long as investigations by multiple congressional committees, as well as by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, are underway.
Green argued that Trump has committed a high misdeed and is unfit to be president and warrants impeachment, trial and removal from office. Green said on the House floor.
A Texas Democrat plans to force an impeachment vote against President Donald Trump on the floor of the House of Representatives today.
It remains highly unlikely that the majority of House representatives will vote to impeach Trump, as it would be necessary for the motion to be passed onto the Senate for a two-thirds vote. All Republicans opposed the motion, along with 126 Democrats.More news: Starbucks to Go "Venti" in China
Green will use that process to make the House consider his articles of impeachment, which argue that Trump has "brought shame and dishonor to the office of the president" by "sowing discord among the people of the United States".
The impeachment resolution Green circulated Tuesday does not include any allegations of obstruction of justice or other alleged crimes connected to his 2016 presidential campaign or the pending investigations into connections to Russian Federation. All Republicans voted to turn away Green's resolution, while four Democratic lawmakers voted present.
The articles specifically accuse Trump of "associating the majesty and dignity of the presidency with causes rooted in white supremacy, bigotry, racism, anti-Semitism, white nationalism, or Neo-Nazism".More news: Mueller subpoenas bank records in Russian Federation probe
"Legitimate questions have been raised about his fitness to lead this nation".
Green also has cited Trump lashing out at NFL players who kneeled during the National Anthem to protest police brutality and his Muslim travel ban.
Representative Dan Kildee said Democratic lawmakers can not allow themselves to be drawn into a process "that's not thoughtful or complete or might not even be the conclusion we ought to draw".More news: Amazon Prime hits Singapore with a bang
- Heinrich Releases Video Promoting Computer Science Education Week, STEM Education
- UP: Opposition demands elections in future be held through ballot papers
- Austria Will Legalize Same-Sex Marriage Beginning In 2019
- 2 militants killed, soldier, civilian injured in Qazigund
- Jose Mourinho Pondering Luke Shaw Start Against CSKA Moscow
- Venezuela's Maduro, under pressure from U.S. sanctions, vows to launch cryptocurrency
- Cinnabon honors National Cookie Day with "Cookie BonBites"
- Russians can compete at Olympics, but without flag — IOC
- Phase 1 of Shahid Beheshti Port Development Plan in Chabahar inaugurated
- Head To Mercury In The Destiny 2