Families and friends of students of Aztec High School are gathered outside city hall. The shooter also died.
Lt. Kyle Lincoln said that law enforcement is clearing the building and searching the school.More news: Here are your options if YouTube vanishes from Amazon gizmos
Authorities say two students and a gunman are dead after a shooting at Aztec High School in northwestern New Mexico.
The sherrif's officer said: "Aztec High School is locked down and being evacuated".More news: Honor View 10 Globally Launched Specification, Features, Price in India
As the noise got louder and closer, school officials warned over the intercom system that it wasn't a drill.
"Thankfully our teacher always locks the door no matter what". He and other students moved to a corner of the room out of sight of the door and hid. There were no other injuries reported, state police added.More news: Supermassive black hole 'could hold answers to how the universe began'
ABC affiliate KOAT, citing Aztec police, report that two people were shot - though their conditions were not specified - and that the suspect is dead. Police have not released any details related to the shooter.
- Willie Taggart To Coach Florida State, Leaves Oregon After One Season
- Google Pulls YouTube From Amazon Devices
- Alaskan athletes react as Olympic committee bans Russian Federation
- Messi forgoes opportunity to be the world's highest paid player
- VW Executive Gets Maximum Sentence for Role in Diesel-Emissions Scandal
- John Travolta says rumours about Gotti biopic are ''fake news''
- United States lawmakers vote to reject Democrat's resolution to impeach Trump
- Austria Will Legalize Same-Sex Marriage Beginning In 2019
- Portal Returns…. As A Bridge Construction Simulator?
- Met Éireann issues Donegal with Storm Caroline weather warning