Smoke billows from a Palestinian Islamic Jihad position near Gaza City after Israeli aircraft bombed it on November 30, 2017, in retaliation to a mortar attack that targeted Israeli troops northeast of the Gaza Strip earlier in the day.
Illustrative image of a previous strike on Gaza.
Israel holds Hamas responsible for all activity happening in the Gaza Strip.More news: Google Pulls YouTube From Amazon Devices
Israeli sources claimed the army fired the missiles and shells "in response to a shell" that was reportedly fired from Gaza, causing no damage or injuries.
According to CNN, a fresh wave of violence has erupted following United States President Donald Trump' decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
He called on Palestinian Authority to be "courageous' and announce that Oslo accords are over". The protesters also clashed with Israeli security forces firing tear gas and stun grenades, as well as rubber bullets and live ammunition.More news: Messi forgoes opportunity to be the world's highest paid player
Velayati vehemently censured Washington's move, deeming it "another stain of shame on USA policies" in advocating "violence, repression, undermining the oppressed people's rights, and destabilizing the region" aimed at preserving the interests of the Israeli regime.
At least 31 people were injured in the demonstrations, according to Israeli medics, including one person who was in critical condition. On Thursday, Hamas terror group leader Ismail Haniyeh called for a new Palestinian intifada, or uprising.
Israel has occupied East Jerusalem since the 1967 Middle East war.More news: Sophie Turner Heats Things Up in First "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" Photos
Jerusalem's status is among the most hard issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the U.S. traditional position has been that it must be negotiated between the two sides.
- Head To Mercury In The Destiny 2
- Honor View 10 Globally Launched Specification, Features, Price in India
- Venezuela's Maduro, under pressure from U.S. sanctions, vows to launch cryptocurrency
- Facebook Launched 'Messenger Kids' Standalone App for Children Under 13
- Heinrich Releases Video Promoting Computer Science Education Week, STEM Education
- United States lawmakers vote to reject Democrat's resolution to impeach Trump
- Austria Will Legalize Same-Sex Marriage Beginning In 2019
- Mueller subpoenas bank records in Russian Federation probe
- Flynn told a business associate Russian sanctions would be 'ripped up'
- Supermassive black hole 'could hold answers to how the universe began'