There was surprisingly little news announced during Sony's opening ceremony for its 2017 PlayStation Experience fan convention Friday night, but the presentation ended with one interesting reveal: A visually enhanced re-release of Sony's long-dormant PS1-era action game, MediEvil. Doesn't sound like it has much depth, but the experience in itself seems more than worth the trip back to one of 2016's most ambitious, memorable titles, especially since it's standalone and free to all PlayStation VR owners.
The PlayStation Experience 2017 panel for "The Last of Us 2" will open on Saturday, Dec. 9, at 9:30 p.m. EST.More news: Dexter Fletcher Replaces Bryan Singer as Director of Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
The Last Guardian VR is referred to as a "demo", but don't go getting any ideas about a bigger project in the works.
Perhaps The Last Guardian VR Demo is Sony's way of selling more copies of the main game.More news: Only two cricketers invited for Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma wedding
While the piece will be playable on the PSX show floor, it's actually releasing on December 12th with around "15 or 20 minutes of gameplay", according to Sony's Shawn Layden.
On the software front, PS4's portfolio will continue to expand with an array of games including God of War, Detroit: Become Human and Marvel's Spider-Man. The only indicator of more information came with the "more details coming soon" text that closed out the short trailer. You do not need to own The Last Guardian to get this, so it's a fun gift to the two million people who have dropped some bones on a PSVR.More news: Senate Confirms Trump's Pick for Homeland Security Secretary
- Steelers' Brown cites 'karma' following win vs. Bengals
- Border arrests plunge, deportation arrests soar — APNewsBreak
- Alaskan athletes react as Olympic committee bans Russian Federation
- Instagram testing a stand-alone messaging app called Direct
- Israeli Army Strikes Several Border Areas In Gaza
- China alleges Indian drone invaded its airspace, crashed across the border
- Patrick Stewart Would Return to Star Trek if Tarantino Asks
- Smart luggage was the future, now it's banished to the past
- A New Tomb Raider Game To Be Revealed in 2018
- Al Franken Is Out