Victory for the Falcons, last year's runner-up in an extraordinary Super Bowl with New England, means they are just one game behind the Saints, who stay top of the division despite a second defeat in their last three games.
The Saints' offense didn't smoothly operate for much of New Orleans' Thursday night, nationally televised game against the Falcons in Mercedes-Benz Stadium.More news: Black Mirror announces premiere date and trailer twist for fans
Because New Orleans had a timeout remaining, any 10-second runoff after a pre-snap penalty should have been negated by the Saints choosing to use their final timeout.
Tommylee Lewis' TD was anything but trademark as he danced his way past Keanu Neal with a remarkable back-up shuffle before diving for the endzone and his first touchdown of the season.
Kamara, who has 11 touchdowns, leads the National Football League with 7.0 yards per carry.More news: Abbas' spokesman says 'Jerusalem is more important than the American government'
After Matt Bryant's 52-yard goal gave Atlanta a 20-17 lead with 3:49 left, Drew Brees drove New Orleans into position for a tying field goal or winning touchdown.
Peat will be missed.
Guard Senio Kelemete, filling in for starter Andrus Peat, left with a concussion and did not return. He is listed as questionable, along with Armstead and defensive end Trey Hendrickson (knee).More news: The Game Awards 2017 Winner Is Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Saints are also hoping to get rookie safety Marcus Williams (groin) back from injury.
- Dexter Fletcher Replaces Bryan Singer as Director of Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
- Brookstone Capital Management Acquires 134 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
- PlayStation Experience 2017 Livestream
- Tennessee Reportedly Set To Hire Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt, Ending Crazy Search
- Border arrests plunge, deportation arrests soar — APNewsBreak
- Voting for 1st phase of Gujarat elections today
- Steam will no longer support bitcoin due to "high fees and volatility"
- Google Chrome enterprise users get major security upgrade
- Apple release the top 20 downloaded apps of 2017
- Senate Confirms Trump's Pick for Homeland Security Secretary