Speaking to Sky Sports after the match, he said: 'We have to consider that this is the fourth game that we have lost after 16 games.
'We have to concede these are four games that we lose after 16 games, ' he added. When you have this start it is impossible to think you are in the title race.
"If you want to stay in the race for the title in the first part of the season you can only lose once or twice".More news: Google Maps now gives real-time notifications, live guidance
"I said before that this season would be very, very tough, very hard, and this is the truth. This is not our case this season".
And the win was a biggy, in the derby at the London Stadium against Chelsea. West Ham two chances, scored one.
And Conte said his players were exhausted in east London today. It is normal when you play every few days.More news: Wildfires Scorch Homes, Horses Across Southern California
The West Ham midfielder, who has struggled since his £24million move from Stoke, gave David Moyes the ideal start as he looked for his first win as since taking over from Slaven Bilic. "We have to fight and do our best".
"All managers need wins".
"To face one game every two games always with the same players is very hard".
Moyes kept the England goalkeeper Joe Hart on the bench and was rewarded with a solid performance by Adrián, who had stood in for his team-mate at City. "I thought Adrián's performance against City was very good, so that's where the decision came from".More news: Brookstone Capital Management Acquires 134 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
'But we had plenty of time to get back into the game but that laboured start carried on throughout the game'.
- You can meet Star Wars Stormtroopers this Christmas in Liverpool
- Indianapolis Colts vs Buffalo Bills
- Panthers' Jonathan Stewart dominates the Vikings, scores 3 times on Sunday
- Nikki Haley says women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct "should be heard"
- The latest link between hormonal contraceptives and breast cancer
- Senator Al Franken announces resignation: Celebs, politicians react
- Anti-US protest over Jerusalem turns violent in Lebanon
- Trump Signs New Space Policy Directive To Send Americans To Moon, Mars
- The Game Awards 2017 Winner Is Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- U.S. court refuses to free convicted man featured in 'Making a Murderer'