Basketball-crazed Lithuania woke to, with Ball brothers LiAngelo and LaMelo signing a contract through the end of the season with Prienu Vytautas, now tied for last place in the 10-team Lithuanian (LKL) league.
The signings, which were confirmed by the family on their shoe and apparel company's Twitter account, came days after their father, LaVar Ball, announced that LiAngelo and LaMelo had both signed with an agent - Harrison Gaines of Slash Sports Entertainment - in hopes of finding a European team.More news: Comedian Hannibal Buress Arrested in Miami for Disorderly Intoxication
The younger Ball brothers going pro in Europe is not what was expected to happen this season, but it's not entirely surprising.
With this latest development, all three Ball brothers will now be professional basketball players.
LiAngelo and LaMelo are heading to Lithuania.
The Ball Brothers will start to play in Europe and their performance in Vytautas will decide their fate in the National Basketball Association.More news: Grab yourself a 4K Amazon Fire TV with Alexa for just £55
Vytautas has an LKL road game versus traditional league powerhouse Lietuvos Rytas scheduled on January 6, just two days after the Ball brothers are slated to land in Lithuania, but it's not expected that the two will play in that game.
"They're getting themselves into a great opportunity", Valanciunas said. "We will have to see about the Betsafe LKL and whether they are good enough to play here".
After signing with an agent, both players were no longer eligible to play at the collegiate level, but will now meet the one-year out of high school requirement to declare for the National Basketball Association draft.
The Ball family is going global. The team has been grappling with financial issues and started the season losing eight of its first 12 games in the Lithuanian league.More news: Nikki Haley says women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct "should be heard"
"They just gotta work hard - it's all about working".
- Did Sean Payton aim a choking sign at Devonta Freeman?
- Google Maps now gives real-time notifications, live guidance
- 'Dangal' actor Zaira Wasim complains of in-flight molestation
- Indianapolis Colts vs Buffalo Bills
- Abbas' spokesman says 'Jerusalem is more important than the American government'
- Derrick Rose says he may need surgery on left ankle
- U.S. court refuses to free convicted man featured in 'Making a Murderer'
- White House expected to address Trump accusers, Alabama senate race
- James Corden filling as Taylor Swift's backing dancer is weirdly mesmerising
- United PDP Will Sack Buhari-led APC in 2019 - Atiku