Have you been saving up for the iMac Pro? This is widely thought to be the new Xeon W workstation-class processor introduced by Intel in August, which has a base frequency of 3.7 GHz in its eight-core version, and 3.3 GHz and 2.3 GHz for 10- and 18-core versions, respectively. As an absolute monster of a machine, the iMac Pro features specifications that are, frankly, a little more than overkill.
While the Mac Pro remains stagnant in its development with a completely modular redesign promised sometime next year, Apple is finally ready to ship the iMac Pro this Thursday.
Apple iMac Pro thermal cooling Apple Newsroom
Apple has never altered the color of its cables before. Although the company stops short of specifying how much of that space is covered, previous iMacs offered 100% coverage, so it's likely that the Pro model will follow suit. Entry-level machines get 32 GB of 2666 MT/s DDR4 ECC memory, and those with the need for greater capacity can also choose 64 GB and 128 GB loadouts.More news: United PDP Will Sack Buhari-led APC in 2019 - Atiku
Buyers will have a number of options with respect to memory and storage.
Apple fans, prepare to get jealous. The iMac Pro has four Thunderbolt 3 ports, which means users can connect two 5K monitors.More news: Indianapolis Colts vs Buffalo Bills
At least for all that money, the iMac Pro will come bundled with a matching space grey Magic Keyboard (with numpad), Magic Mouse 2 and a Magic Trackpad 2. As one would expect, macOS High Sierra comes pre-installed.
Naturally, many might be put off by the almost $5,000 asking price (for starters) of the iMac Pro.More news: Conor McGregor Fight With Manny Pacquiao In The Works
Apple's website was updated Tuesday to give a release date: December 14.
- White House expected to address Trump accusers, Alabama senate race
- Marko Arnautovic hails "amazing" West Ham United win over Chelsea
- Panthers' Jonathan Stewart dominates the Vikings, scores 3 times on Sunday
- MA gas prices up by a penny, expected to fall
- IDF suspends commander for stealing fruit from Palestinian vendor during clashes
- Anti-US protest over Jerusalem turns violent in Lebanon
- Packers CB House (back) exits vs. Browns
- NASA to announce major planet-hunting discovery made possible by AI
- 'Dangal' actor Zaira Wasim complains of in-flight molestation
- Derrick Rose says he may need surgery on left ankle