The Galaxy S8 was delayed from its original launch plan and didn't arrive until around April/May.More news: Police arrest leaders of far-right group retweeted by Trump
Interestingly, the smartphone render, which was earlier reported on by BGR, appears to deliver a matte finish to the body, rather than the glossy finish Samsung offered in the Galaxy S8 line. Strategy Analytics reportedly has not considered last year's sales as they were plagued by the Galaxy Note 7 debacle, with Samsung ending up shipping only 300 million units. CES 2018 will kick off on January 9th and will end on January 12th. We've been seeing upcoming mobile devices but we're excited to know what Samsung and LG will introduce. With the Qualcomm-based models this could be Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+, but some sources suggest may not be the case and Samsung may be looking to engineer its own solution across both Qualcomm and Exynos-based models.More news: Happening Tonight: Geminid Meteor Shower
According to rumors, Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will have same design and Infinity Display Screen size as that of Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. The bottom and top bezels have expanded a little, but it's not very noticeable and nowhere near the 90% screen-to-body ratio that was previously rumoured. Now, a new series of images show Galaxy S9 accessories in the wild, which seem to confirm the previous Galaxy S9 design leaks. The phones would feature a Fingerprint Scanner underneath the camera instead of placing besides the camera. Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will have 64 GB of storage, microSD card slot and 3.5 mm headphone jack. Tipped sizes are 5.8in for the Galaxy S9 and 6.2in for the Galaxy S9+ with QHD+ resolutions (in the region of 570ppi and 529ppi, respectively, according to some reports). So there will be three smartphones from Samsung's Galaxy S9 series for the next year.More news: Geminid meteors shower the skies
The following pictures, courtesy of PhoneArena, give us a sense of how the potential Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus design measures up to both its predecessors and other popular high-end smartphones. The Galaxy S9+, meanwhile, comes with a dual camera setup on the back.
- Netflix calls out 53 people who are binge-watching 'A Christmas Prince'
- Apple invests $390 million in US-made iPhone lasers
- Volunteers needed for kettle campaign in Maple Ridge
- Omarosa Manigault Newman 'physically dragged' from White House, reports say
- Health officials: Flu rampant in NY
- Tavis Smiley Net Worth: PBS Host Suspended Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- S.African court blasts Zuma over graft inquiry report
- Salma Hayek details harassment by Harvey Weinstein on 'Frida'
- 2 journalists, including Reuters reporter, arrested in Yangon
- Zack Cozart signs with the Los Angeles Angels