With the sequel still being finished, plenty of people were curious about how the Disney takeover would impact some of the "darker" films that exist in the Fox library- Predator, Alien, Deadpool, "tougher" films like Logan etc.
After Disney officially announced the merger, Reynolds shared a photo on Twitter of "Deadpool" getting escorted out of Disneyland by security. It's also pretty amusing to see Cable's gun touch Deadpool's hand, although it's a much smaller weapon than Cable's comic book counterpart usually wields. The actor will reprise his role of the Merc with a Mouth alongside Zazie Beetz as Domino and Josh Brolin as Cable.More news: Lonzo Ball appreciates LeBron James' support
When the rumors between Fox and Disney were first in talks, Reynolds also tweeted "Time to unlock the explosive sexual tension between Deadpool and Mickey Mouse". "But to me it's just well hung art to be shared with the world". Only hours after the announcement of Disney buying 21st Century Fox, the actor posted more Deadpool related content on to his Twitter account. We knew things would be different when the very first Deadpool 2 poster was a riff on Norman Rockwell, which itself was debuted in a very special issue of Good Housekeeping.
"[Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded", he said. "But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool", said Iger. Deadpool, released in 2016, became the top-grossing X-Men movie ever with $783 million worldwide, while this year's Logan took $616 million worldwide.More news: McGregor Reacts To Pacquaio Boxing Match Speculation
Deadpool 2 arrives in theaters on June 1, 2018.More news: Oil prices hold steady on competitive data, North Sea outage
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pen, Notebook 9 (2018) Laptops Announced
- Accessory leaks pretty much confirmed the Galaxy S9's 'boring' design
- Russell Simmons Accused of Rape by Three Women
- Happening Tonight: Geminid Meteor Shower
- Health officials: Flu rampant in NY
- Top 5 Star Wars collectibles for Star Wars fans
- 1 killed as natural disaster of magnitude 6.5 strikes Indonesia; tsunami warning issued
- Disney to buy Fox film, some TV businesses for $52 billion
- Snow Could Make For Messy Friday Afternoon Commute
- Death toll from Mogadishu police academy attack rises to 13