Griezmann, a 5-foot-9 forward, has been playing for Atletico Madrid since 2014.
"I am not ungrateful", Simeone told L'Equipe.
Atletico will be able to sign players in January 2018, after serving out a transfer ban.
That meant he didn't come to Old Trafford, but that could well be a possibility soon, with Simeone admitting Griezmann will be allowed to leave the La Liga side.More news: Five Observations From Ravens' Win Vs. Browns
"I love my players a lot and I love to see them grow".
After a string of angry responses, Griezmann returned to Twitter to post: "Calm down friends, I'm fan of the Harlem globetrotters and the good times.it's a tribute".
"If that's what the newspaper says, it may be that way, although I do not know".More news: Geminid meteors shower the skies
Man United are certainly interested, but there have been strong reports that Barcelona will bid if a move is possible.
"In the case of Griezmann, there are many players with whom one can be talking and engaging in some kind of relationship in case there is an opportunity".
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport?More news: NBC Reportedly Paid Off Producer Who Accused Chris Matthews of Sexual Harassment
- Kristaps Porzingis Day To Day With Sore Knee
- Verdict Day: All eyes on Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
- Omarosa Manigault Newman 'physically dragged' from White House, reports say
- NASA discovers new planet 2500 light years away, thanks to Google AI
- Snow Could Make For Messy Friday Afternoon Commute
- Donald Trump holds phone call with Vladimir Putin over North Korea crisis
- 1 killed as natural disaster of magnitude 6.5 strikes Indonesia; tsunami warning issued
- Boise State scores TD after all four receivers spin around simultaneously
- Ryan Reynolds Trolls Disney With This Cheeky Deadpool Photo
- Simmons says he will 'defend' himself following rape claims