Police said Kim's sister told them that the singer sent her text messages such as "Final farewell" and "I've had difficulties" before his death. He received emergency CPR treatment upon his arrival at a hospital but was later pronounced dead.More news: Kristaps Porzingis Day To Day With Sore Knee
Jonghyun had also branched out on a successful solo career in 2015, performing two solo concerts in Seoul just this month, but he was the only original member of SHINee to participate in the band's reformation earlier this year, which coincided with their fifth album release.
Fans were invited to pay their respects at Seoul Asan Hospital Tuesday, ahead of a funeral which the family has requested to be held "as quietly as possible", according to SM Entertainment.More news: Accessory leaks pretty much confirmed the Galaxy S9's 'boring' design
Mike Suh, head of strategy and global business at entertainment conglomerate CJ E&M, says idols go through a long training period "so that they immediately attract fans when they first appear".
K-pop's success has also been dependent on a highly-polished image.
South Korea has one of the highest suicide rates among developed countries.More news: Steelers' Antonio Brown Leaves Game With Leg Injury
- Iran supplied ballistic missile to Yemen rebels
- Five Observations From Ravens' Win Vs. Browns
- Omarosa Manigault Newman 'physically dragged' from White House, reports say
- Jason Priestley Says He Punched Harvey Weinstein In The Face In 1995
- Simmons says he will 'defend' himself following rape claims
- LaLiga: Simeone gives condition for Griezmann's exit from Atletico Madrid
- Russell Westbrook's triple-double helps Oklahoma City Thunder beat Philadelphia 76ers
- Snow Could Make For Messy Friday Afternoon Commute
- Ryanair in union supply to keep away from Christmas strikes
- Klopp wants even more from Salah this season