WWE will hold the first-ever women's Royal Rumble match at January's PPV of the same name.
Immediately after the announcement was made, ESPN put up an interview with Stephanie McMahon talking about the announcement. "There's been an incredible movement that's been happening in our business that started almost three years ago". The division would go on to main event episodes of Monday Night RAW and SmackDown Live while also putting on the first-ever women's Hell in a Cell Match and the first-ever women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match.More news: Jeremy Lin congratulates 16-year-old viral Harvard passer
This announcement will mean way more than just an exciting addition to the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in January because it will also add a new story leading into WrestleMania showcasing the women this time around. "They deserve their own match at Royal Rumble".
We will provide more details on the match as they become available to us.More news: Klopp wants even more from Salah this season
For most of 2017, there has been one rumor that constantly simmered: the Women's Royal Rumble.
Even though Emma liked to take credit for starting the WWE Women's Revolution, it was actually Paige who defeated her in the finals to crown the first-ever NXT Women's Champion.More news: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wedding to clash with FA Cup final
Stephanie didn't confirm if the match would feature 20 or 30 superstars, though should WWE elect to mirror the surprise element to the men's match by calling upon legends of the league for one-night returns.
- Verdict Day: All eyes on Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
- NBC Wants to Revive The Office for 2018
- NBC Reportedly Paid Off Producer Who Accused Chris Matthews of Sexual Harassment
- China calls for unity of int'l community over Jerusalem issue
- 1 killed as natural disaster of magnitude 6.5 strikes Indonesia; tsunami warning issued
- McGregor Reacts To Pacquaio Boxing Match Speculation
- USA blames North Korea for major cyber attack
- Six dead, scores injured in Amtrak horror crash
- LaLiga: Simeone gives condition for Griezmann's exit from Atletico Madrid
- Boise State scores TD after all four receivers spin around simultaneously