A 5-year-old boy decided he wasn't going to let anybody steal his Christmas this year.
On Saturday, TyLon called 911 to report the Grinch's crimes to local police, alleging that the creature was attempting to steal presents from children before Christmas.More news: Cyril Ramaphosa wins ANC presidential race
"Watch out for the Grinch, because the Grinch is going to steal Christmas, OK?"
TeDera Dwayne Graves II wrote in a post on Facebook.More news: Verdict Day: All eyes on Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
"I'm looking for a little boy who was watching 'The Grinch, '" Officer Lauren Develle explained. He had seen a clip from the animated classic, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - and was determined to ensure that Byram's finest were on the case. Charred Elf on the Shelf goes out in blaze of glory.in the ovenFearful that the Grinch would take his Christmas, Pittman apparently took it as fact, but the 911 operator and the police department took it a step further.
Pittman then called TyLon to the door where the grinning officer stood. The video of the endearing interaction between the little boy and Officer Develle quickly went viral. Byram's police chief, Luke Thompson, encouraged him to return when he was 21 to apply to become an official part of the force. They weren't alone - the police department was so amused by Tylon's call, they chose to have a little fun.More news: Six dead, scores injured in Amtrak horror crash
"I want y'all to come back to my house and take him to jail", TyLon said simply. "You have saved the day", The Clarion-Ledger reported.
- Battle of battery cars: China NIO's SUV versus Tesla's Model X
- The WWE Just Announced An Historic All-Women Royal Rumble Match
- Steelers' Antonio Brown Leaves Game With Leg Injury
- Klopp wants even more from Salah this season
- LaLiga: Simeone gives condition for Griezmann's exit from Atletico Madrid
- China calls for unity of int'l community over Jerusalem issue
- Ryanair in union supply to keep away from Christmas strikes
- John McCain returns to Arizona, will miss GOP tax vote
- NBC Reportedly Paid Off Producer Who Accused Chris Matthews of Sexual Harassment
- NBC Wants to Revive The Office for 2018