The deadly blaze that claimed the lives of a Brooklyn woman and three of her children may have been sparked by a Hanukkah menorah, a source told The Post.
The lethal burst emitted in the second-floor of a home at 1945 E. fourteenth St. close Ave S.in Sheepshead Bay around 2:30 a.m., police said.
Five firefighters suffered minor injuries battling the fire.
Officials said the fire started on the second floor and attic of the house and spread quickly.More news: How someone stole a family's Christmas Grinch
This is a developing story.
"So often, tragedy strikes at this time of year, and the holidays make it that much more hard because our communities should be celebrating, not mourning", Nigro said in a statement, urging people to be safe.
In all, nine people were in the house: the couple, their six children and a cousin.
Commissioner Nigro said the fire appears to be accidental. 'Our city grieves with this family today'.More news: The WWE Just Announced An Historic All-Women Royal Rumble Match
Mayor Bill de Blasio urged people to be cautious with decorations, electric lights, candles and space heaters during the winter months and the holidays. Eight others, including two boys and six firefighters, were hurt. He is unconscious in the burns unit at Staten Island University Hospital. Three of the family members, the father and two of his children, remain in critical condition. A fire official says a mother and three children have died in the fast-moving house fire in in the Sheepshead Bay neighbourhood.
'He was severely burned trying to get back in to save the rest of his family, the ones that he didn't already save.
According to Missaskim founder, Jack Meyer, Mr Azan's 16-year-old daughter, Shalit, and 15-year-old son Daniel, remained hospitalized with in critical condition.More news: Jason Priestley Says He Punched Harvey Weinstein In The Face In 1995
- John McCain returns to Arizona, will miss GOP tax vote
- LaLiga: Simeone gives condition for Griezmann's exit from Atletico Madrid
- Gas Prices Drop 3.3 Cents In Chattanooga
- Donald Trump holds phone call with Vladimir Putin over North Korea crisis
- Atlanta airport power outage impacting Savannah flights
- CME's Bitcoin Futures Debut Wins With Trading Value
- NBC Wants to Revive The Office for 2018
- Cyril Ramaphosa wins ANC presidential race
- Twitter begins enforcing rules on 'hateful, abusive' content
- Enrique Iglesias And Girlfriend, Anna Kournikova Welcome Twins