North Korea began tests to load anthrax onto its intercontinental ballistic missiles, a reports said Tuesday.
The United States also has come to the same conclusion.More news: Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers reacts to humiliating Hearts defeat
"North Korea-a country that starves its own people-has spent hundreds of millions of dollars on nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons that could threaten our homeland", the document states.
The revelation comes as the UK's Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said North Korea is now on the way to developing ballistic missiles which could strike London, branding the country a "massive threat" and a "real danger" to Britain.
In a statement issued via the state Korean Central News Agency, the regime said it is party to the Biological Weapons Convention and maintains a consistent stand against the development, manufacture, stockpiling and possession of biological weapons.More news: Twitter begins enforcing rules on 'hateful, abusive' content
The report, based off of a source in South Korea, said that it did not have confirmation about whether the tests had been successful.
In President Donald Trump's first National Security Strategy released on Monday, North Korea was accused of pursuing chemical and biological weapons that can also be delivered by missile.
The Kim Jong Un regime is looking into whether it can prevent the biological weapon from dying out in the extreme heats that an intercontinental ballistic missile endures when it goes through the Earth's atmosphere, the Asahi newspaper reported Wednesday.More news: Google's Chrome Will Start Removing "Failing" Ads In February
- Trudeau says cannabis will become legal 'next summer,' not July 1
- NBC Wants to Revive The Office for 2018
- CME's Bitcoin Futures Debut Wins With Trading Value
- Sean "Diddy" Combs expresses interest in Panthers, signing Kaepernick
- Fans Mourn Death of K-Pop Star Jonghyun
- You Can Manage Your Identity on Facebook Using Face Recognition
- Jason Priestley Says He Punched Harvey Weinstein In The Face In 1995
- USA blames North Korea for major cyber attack
- Enrique Iglesias And Girlfriend, Anna Kournikova Welcome Twins
- Battle of battery cars: China NIO's SUV versus Tesla's Model X