Rhode Island is now just 157 residents away from losing one of its two U.S. House seats, which would give the state a single vote there for the first time since George Washington was president, according to an analysis of newly released population data.
It showed Connecticut's population in 2017 is estimated at 3,588,184.
The population increase is beneficial because businesses move where talent lives, Rogers said. Its population increased 2.2% to 1.7 million from July 1, 2016, to July 1, 2017.More news: North Korea reportedly testing anthrax-loaded ICBMs
Illinois' population loss was the worst in the country on a numerical basis, and on a percentage basis it was second from the bottom, with only West Virginia faring worse. The Census has numbered Pennsylvania's population at 12,805,537. In 2017, 38.0 percent of the nation's population lived in the South and 23.8 percent lived in the West. Pennsylvania had a 0.1 percent increase with 18,452. It's a.72 percent growth nationwide. Vermont - the least populated state with 623,354 residents, gained 303.
The Census Bureau released on Wednesday the latest population estimates by state. The decrease was a tiny fraction of Illinois' total population of just over 12.8 million.
Eastern Idaho is tied with south-central Idaho for lowest unemployment rate: 2.6 percent. The quantity of voting-age Americans developed to 252.1 million - an nearly 1 percent expansion throughout the year.More news: Twitter begins enforcing rules on 'hateful, abusive' content
The world population was listed at more than 1.44 billion, with China, India, the U.S., Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia and Japan making up the top 10 most populous countries, in order. However, net worldwide migration continues to be a significant factor in the population growth of the United States, adding just over 1.1 million people in the previous year.
However, net global migration decreased 1.8 percent - the first drop since 2012 to 2013.More news: When Does Winter Start? The Shortest Day of the Year Is Approaching
- Six dead, scores injured in Amtrak horror crash
- NBC Wants to Revive The Office for 2018
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Getting 3D Replay and Killcam in Version 1.0
- USA blames North Korea for major cyber attack
- Cyril Ramaphosa wins ANC presidential race
- Mother And Three Children Killed In Early Morning Fire In Sheepshead Bay
- Enrique Iglesias And Girlfriend, Anna Kournikova Welcome Twins
- How someone stole a family's Christmas Grinch
- Fans Mourn Death of K-Pop Star Jonghyun
- Battle of battery cars: China NIO's SUV versus Tesla's Model X