Children should be taught to cover their coughs and stay home when sick, so as not to share their germs.
His hypothesis became the basis of numerous studies showing that people with the lowest Vitamin D levels reported having significantly more colds or cases of the flu. Peak influenza activity in the US usually occurs during December through February, but there can be substantial influenza activity up until the month of May. "Symptoms include a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, cough, and/or sore throat".
A study out of Australia shows the vaccine was only 10 percent effective against the predominant flu strain.
Doctors say a typical flu season in Oklahoma usually runs from October to May.More news: CME's Bitcoin Futures Debut Wins With Trading Value
Last year, there was a flu epidemic. "The number of cases has been climbing but steadily, not "spiking".
A preventative vaccine is especially important for the very young, the elderly or people with chronic health conditions.
Doctors are urging those who have not gotten a flu vaccine to get one.
"Please do not visit hospitalized patients if you are not feeling well, particularly if you have had flu-like symptoms during the past seven days", OSF HealthCare said in a statement. For children, medical care should be sought if they are unable to eat, have trouble breathing, if there are no tears when crying or if there are significantly fewer wet diapers than normal.More news: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Getting 3D Replay and Killcam in Version 1.0
A woman in her 50s has died of the flu, making this the first flu-related death of the season in the area, officials said Wednesday.
Getting the shot is a proactive way to avoid a potentially harmful illness that is good for you, your loved one and the people in your care, say hospital administrators.
Most of the time, vaccines don't cause any side effects; and the vaccines go through rigorous testing before they are approved, and are constantly monitored once available to the public.
Lewis County's Public Health Department has an immunization clinic open from 9 a.m.to noon and from 1:30 p.m.to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.More news: Neil Gorsuch Is in the Neil Gorsuch Business
- Twitter begins enforcing rules on 'hateful, abusive' content
- Facebook challenges music streaming giants with Universal Music deal
- Sean "Diddy" Combs expresses interest in Panthers, signing Kaepernick
- RI hangs on to second US House seat in population estimates
- Cyril Ramaphosa wins ANC presidential race
- John McCain returns to Arizona, will miss GOP tax vote
- Gas Prices Drop 3.3 Cents In Chattanooga
- Six dead, scores injured in Amtrak horror crash
- The WWE Just Announced An Historic All-Women Royal Rumble Match
- North Korea reportedly testing anthrax-loaded ICBMs