Musk toyed with the popular press, first by confirming his plans with The Verge, then backpedaling the claim, then re-confirming it with Ars Technica and several other media outlets.
The Falcon Heavy combines three SpaceX Falcon 9 rockets, such that it rides atop 27 Merlin engines firing in unison.
Earlier this week, Musk revealed photos of the first Falcon Heavy ever built inside a Cape Canaveral hangar. The rocket is expected to become the most powerful in the world when it debuts next month. All that is soon going to change, according to CEO Elon Musk.More news: When Does Winter Start? The Shortest Day of the Year Is Approaching
The images show the red convertible atop a payload adapter, positioned between the two towering halves of the fairing that will be mounted atop the Falcon Heavy rocket, shielding the Roadster during its ascent into Earth orbit.
Interested in solar? Get a solar cost estimate and find out how much a solar system would cost for your home or business. -, Elon Musk replied with the only sane answer apart from the one we've already touched (media publicity): "I love the thought of a vehicle drifting apparently endlessly through space and perhaps being discovered by an alien race millions of years in the future".More news: Jurgen Klopp praises Liverpool's defensive improvement
And it has some symbolism since the Roadster is considered by many EV enthusiasts as the vehicle that launched the EV revolution. It's why they are keeping it safe by not launching a very valuable payload, like a satellite.
Now one could exist nearly forever in the vacuum of space while those on earth are lost one by one over time.More news: Restaurants open on Christmas Eve, Day 2017 in Northern Utah
- FBI Arrests Man For Alleged Pier 39 Christmas Day Terror Plot
- Greenwood's Salvation Army corps projects $15K loss in donations
- Magic Leap Unveils AR Goggles
- Trudeau says cannabis will become legal 'next summer,' not July 1
- Venus Williams, 2nd driver won't be charged in fatal crash, police say
- Apple Inc. Admits to Slowing Old iPhones: Will This Hurt AAPL Stock?
- North Korea reportedly testing anthrax-loaded ICBMs
- Flu Season Is Upon Us
- Royal Family roundup: A holiday card is here and Pop!s are coming
- People Are Fuming About The Dress Meghan Markle Wore For Engagement Snaps