Another record-breaking knock by Rohit Sharma and back-breaking 12-ball spell by spinners Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav scripted India's thumping 88-run win in the second T20 worldwide against Sri Lanka in Indore on Friday, which gave the hosts an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.
Among the batsmen who have hit the most number of sixes in T20I innings for India, Sharma tops the list with 10 maximums.
Preview: A dominant Indian team is expected to maintain its stranglehold on a miserable Sri Lanka and wrap up the three-match series when the two mismatched teams face off in the second Twenty20 global on Friday.
Ahead of the match here, there had been speculation about Rohit producing something special on this batsman-friendly Holkar Stadium pitch which has witnessed two ODI double centuries, which incidentally were the first doubles in ODIs.More news: Parts of Texas May Have a White Christmas This Year
165 highest partnership for India for any wicket, between Rohit and Rahul today.
Kusal Perera remained the top scorer for Sri Lanka with his 77 runs knock.
But it was Sharma's 100 off 35 balls, matching South African David Miller's century against Bangladesh in October, that stood out. At present, on behalf of India, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul are present on the crease. India's stand-in captain Rohit Sharma, who has had a highly successful year on one-day internationals, has failed to translate the same in T20 cricket and he too will be looking to put an end to his chain of low scores in cricket's shortest format.
Sri Lanka used seven bowlers but nothing prevented them from Rohit's onslaught with the bat.More news: The Pentagon has confirmed its $22M program to investigate UFOs
The in-form batsman had recently scored his third one day global double ton against Sri Lanka in Mohali.
The runs continued to come easily for Rahul, who cleared the ropes eight times and looked set for a hundred until Niroshan Dickwella took a superb diving catch to give Pradeep a second wicket in the penultimate over and India fell short of Australia's record total of 263-3 despite a brisk 28 from MS Dhoni. Chris Gayle scored a 20-ball century in the IPL.
Thisara Perera (2/49) and Nuwan Pradeep (2/61) took two wickets each.More news: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Getting 3D Replay and Killcam in Version 1.0
- Neil Gorsuch Is in the Neil Gorsuch Business
- CME's Bitcoin Futures Debut Wins With Trading Value
- Venus Williams, 2nd driver won't be charged in fatal crash, police say
- Battle of battery cars: China NIO's SUV versus Tesla's Model X
- RI hangs on to second US House seat in population estimates
- When Does Winter Start? The Shortest Day of the Year Is Approaching
- Apple Inc. Admits to Slowing Old iPhones: Will This Hurt AAPL Stock?
- Sean "Diddy" Combs expresses interest in Panthers, signing Kaepernick
- Magic Leap Unveils AR Goggles
- Hollywood Would Get Big Windfall Annually From Tax Bill