On Thursday, a special CBI court said investigators had failed to prove allegations that 2G or second generation spectrum was allocated out-of-turn at cheaper rates in exchange for bribes when the Congress was in power and DMK's A Raja was telecom minister.
On Saturday morning the Congress chief visited Ahmedabad and held zone-wise "introspection meetings" in Gujarat's Ahmedabad to ascertain reasons for the party's defeat. He termed the Gujarat campaign as "unique" and "a real eye-opener" for him, where he got to know how the BJP designs campaigns and "uses hatred and untruth" to fight elections.More news: Apple slows some older iPhones because of flagging batteries
In Gujarat, the Congress has lost the election but the party has been boasting about the results as a symbolic victory for its cadre as it instilled a sense of confidence within the ranks.
He said, "this is also an indication that neither the BJP nor the Congress is showing any interest to secure Muslim votes". And then we also saw how in their desperation, the Prime Minister himself accused Dr Manmohan Singh of complete blatant falsehood and a lie.More news: Bristol City dump holders Man Utd out of League Cup
They dwelt on how "false propaganda" on the 2G spectrum allocation under the UPA government had become the BJP's most potent weapon to malign the Congress as corrupt.
He further attacked former Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) Vinod Rai for conspiring with the BJP, saying that "he created a fallacious web of corruption". "BJP maligned the country and the Congress party for years together making false allegations of corruption as their principle strategy to gain power", Randeep Surjewala said during a press conference here. "Shouldn't they apologise to the nation?"More news: Royal Family roundup: A holiday card is here and Pop!s are coming
It is taking place within a week of Rahul Gandhi taking over as party chief from his mother Sonia Gandhi. Without naming anyone, some leaders raised the issue of enforcing discipline in the party and action against errant leaders, to which Rahul Gandhi agreed, the sources said. "The entire 2G trial has been directly monitored by the Supreme Court with reports of its progress submitted to it on a monthly basis".
- Apple Inc. Admits to Slowing Old iPhones: Will This Hurt AAPL Stock?
- Neil Gorsuch Is in the Neil Gorsuch Business
- Jurgen Klopp praises Liverpool's defensive improvement
- Venus Williams, 2nd driver won't be charged in fatal crash, police say
- White House denies report that president said Haitian immigrants 'all have AIDS'
- Flu Season Is Upon Us
- Facebook challenges music streaming giants with Universal Music deal
- These parents got their child's teachers a hilarious personal gift
- WWE Stock Takes Big Hit Following News of Vince McMahon Selling Shares
- Restaurants open on Christmas Eve, Day 2017 in Northern Utah