Chelsea (12-3-4) have lost only one of their last 11 league matches, but Saturday's scoreless draw against a rejuvenated Sam Allardyce-led Everton squad at Goodison Park was a less-than-ideal result for Conte.
Chelsea have everyone else available apart from Charly Musonda and David Luiz, who is out with a long-term knee injury.
Attack: Alvaro Morata is back in contention after serving a one-game suspension against Everton so the Spanish worldwide should come straight back in to the starting eleven against Brighton.
Thibaut Courtois collected his 50th clean sheet for Chelsea, but felt his side deserved the points. One player that has been particularly impressive of late is Willian. Shane Duffy's availability after suspension will certainly come as a boost for the the Seagulls.More news: Successful launch of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket observed across the Central Coast
Chelsea have won all four of their previous league matches against Brighton, though this will be the first such meeting since March 1989 in the second tier.
Brighton have scored only 1 goal against Chelsea in their last 6 appearances.
Antoinio Rudiger is the man most likely to make way if Conte recalls Cahill as Andreas Christensen has done exceptionally well since coming in to the side while Cesar Azpilicueta is one of Chelsea's most consistent players.
Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 12 matches on Boxing day. Backing the hosts to be ahead at half-time and full-time offers a bigger price on the favourites and looks a solid option in a match which is expected to be a comfortable Chelsea win. Chelsea had an astounding 25 shots, of which only 8 were on goal against Everton.More news: Elon Musk's Roadster Is All Prepped-Up for Its Mars Voyage
Jonathan Pearce: "With the teams around them in the table all having winnable-looking back-to-back games to round off 2017, Chelsea must take advantage of this game, and Stoke at home on Saturday".
The west London side's draw with Everton caused them to fall even further behind in the race for the title, with the Blues now 16 points behind leaders Manchester City after 19 games of the new campaign.
"Brighton have got bigger games over Christmas than this and you will find some teams will rest players for bigger games". It is very hard to make a case for the visitors pulling off an upset at Stamford Bridge.More news: FBI Arrests Man For Alleged Pier 39 Christmas Day Terror Plot
- Restaurants open on Christmas Eve, Day 2017 in Northern Utah
- Venus Williams, 2nd driver won't be charged in fatal crash, police say
- AIMPLB opposes Triple Talaq Bill, President to convey its stand to PM
- Family identifies woman killed in deputy-involved shooting in Schertz
- We Will Win 135 Seats in 2022 Gujarat Assembly Elections: Rahul Gandhi
- Apple Inc. Admits to Slowing Old iPhones: Will This Hurt AAPL Stock?
- People Are Fuming About The Dress Meghan Markle Wore For Engagement Snaps
- Birmingham Bowl score: Quinton Flowers ends career in style with another thriller
- WWE Stock Takes Big Hit Following News of Vince McMahon Selling Shares
- Major, among four soldiers killed in Pak firing along LoC