Facebook on Friday released a tool that allows users to see what Russian propaganda content they may have liked or followed on Facebook and Instagram.
More than 140 million people were likely exposed to Russia-linked propaganda during the election, so if it did happen to you, you're certainly not in the minority. The tool, conveniently tucked away in Facebook's help center, scans past posts in an attempt to link them to known propaganda Pages, some of which have since been deleted. It will not, however, tell you if you merely saw one of the ads ads on your news feed passively but didn't actually interact with it in any formal way. Some of the pages and accounts promoted the candidacy of Donald Trump and criticized his Democratic challenger, Hillary Clinton.
Last September, Facebook had in an official statement indicted Russian Federation of influencing the 2016 United States election won by President Donald Trump. Rather, they appeared more focused on promoting specific messages or candidates than delivering actual information. The tool follows a revelation made by Facebook in recent months: that Russian Federation was using its social media platform to manipulate the US's most recent presidential election.Читайте также: Venus Williams, 2nd driver won't be charged in fatal crash, police say
Facebook has been criticized for being slow the acknowledge the extent to which its platform was used by Russian Federation during the 2016 election. Once there, the service will show whether your account was used to "like" any of the propaganda content created by Russian entities to stir up controversy, create division, manipulate voters, and ultimately sway the election outcome.
Some of those ads have since been made public. However, what you may not know is whether or not you personally ended up seeing any of those posts. The pages you liked or followed will be displayed in the middle of the page.
The tool, available here, details Facebook's action plan for "protecting legitimate political discussion within our community and fighting foreign interference in elections".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Netflix Announces Two Dave Chappelle Comedy Specials on New Year's Eve
- Kulbhushan Jadhav's Mother and wife to meet him in Pakistan today
- 37 feared dead in Philippine mall blaze
- Birmingham Bowl score: Quinton Flowers ends career in style with another thriller
- Serena set to return to tennis in Abu Dhabi exhibition against Ostapenko
- Restaurants open on Christmas Eve, Day 2017 in Northern Utah
- People Are Fuming About The Dress Meghan Markle Wore For Engagement Snaps
- We Will Win 135 Seats in 2022 Gujarat Assembly Elections: Rahul Gandhi
- Reliance Jio enhances cashback offer to up to Rs3,300 on Rs399 recharge
- Chelsea's predicted XI: Alvaro Morata's return is Conte's best Christmas gift