Five people died and more than 15 others were injured as the bus has driven into a pedestrian underpass near the Slavyansky Bulvar metro station in Moscow, a source in the city emergencies services said. Their primary version of what happened is a technical malfunction that caused the bus to veer off the road and down the stairway.
Terrorism is not being considered, it is understood, but the driver was detained by police.
"Nine people are now in the city's clinics. four people died on the spot", the Moscow city hall said in a statement on the website.
Traffic spokesperson Artyom Kolesnikov confirmed: "A bus drove into a pedestrian underpass".
Footage shows people scattering as the bus ran down wide steps before being brought to a halt by the tunnel's roof.Читайте также: Family identifies woman killed in deputy-involved shooting in Schertz
Investigators said they were questioning witnesses and plan to examine vehicle documentation and order medical examination of the driver.
Three people have been hospitalised, the statement added.
The incident occurred near Slaviansky Boulevard station in western Moscow. A helicopter will evacuate the wounded persons.
Mayor of the capital, Sergei Sobyanin, took to Twitter to express his condolences to the families and friends of the victim.
Sobyanin also visited the scene, telling journalists he had ordered a full inspection of the entire Moscow bus fleet.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Facebook now shows if your account was influenced by Russian propaganda
- Netflix Announces Two Dave Chappelle Comedy Specials on New Year's Eve
- We Will Win 135 Seats in 2022 Gujarat Assembly Elections: Rahul Gandhi
- 37 feared dead in Philippine mall blaze
- Reliance Jio enhances cashback offer to up to Rs3,300 on Rs399 recharge
- Chelsea's predicted XI: Alvaro Morata's return is Conte's best Christmas gift
- These parents got their child's teachers a hilarious personal gift
- Major, among four soldiers killed in Pak firing along LoC
- Turkey signals new steps to block Trump's Jerusalem move
- AIMPLB opposes Triple Talaq Bill, President to convey its stand to PM