Noida (U.P.), Dec 25 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday hailed the contribution of 22 crore Uttar Pradesh residents in bringing his Government at the Centre. The 12.64-kilometre section of Delhi Metro's magenta line inaugurated today connects Noida to southeast delhi with seven other stations along the way.
Once fully operational by March next, the Magenta Line (Botanical Garden-Janakpuri West) will ferry approximately 3.60 lakh commuters every day, Delhi Metro estimates.
One of the new trains crashed through a wall at a depot last week, sparking concern about the automation technology. If anyone travels via Metro's Blue and Violet Line for covering the same distance, then it will take 52 minutes, while Interchange Point is "Mandi House station".More news: Kulbhushan Jadhav's Mother and wife to meet him in Pakistan today
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the plaque to mark the inauguration of Botanical Garden-Kalkaji Metro Line at Botanical Garden, in Noida, Uttar Pradesh accompanied by Uttar Pradesh governor, Ram Naik, Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath, and Minister of State for Culture (I/C) and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Mahesh Sharma.
At the new Kalkaji Mandir station, ceramic murals of Lotus Temple, ISKCON Temple and nature-themed artworks, and paintings showing birds have been displayed.
On the occasion, the Prime Minister will also address a public meeting in Noida. From 5PM it would be open to the public. The metro would keep this mechanism for a year or two and get passengers feedback on this.More news: TZH: Salman Khan film smashes records!
Similarly, the platform screen doors (PSDs) are also being used for the first time.
On this route, state-of-the-art communication based train control, or CBTC signal technology will also be installed to help track the movement of the train within 90 to 100 seconds. Trains will initially operate with the frequency of five minutes and 14 seconds on this section.More news: Reliance Jio enhances cashback offer to up to Rs3,300 on Rs399 recharge
- AIMPLB opposes Triple Talaq Bill, President to convey its stand to PM
- Lalu convicted in fodder scam, party to appeal in high court
- Birmingham Bowl score: Quinton Flowers ends career in style with another thriller
- Churches planning Christmas Eve services
- Serena set to return to tennis in Abu Dhabi exhibition against Ostapenko
- Three takeaways from Steelers' win over Texans
- Successful launch of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket observed across the Central Coast
- Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) announced with Infinity Display and dual-lens camera
- 37 feared dead in Philippine mall blaze
- Family identifies woman killed in deputy-involved shooting in Schertz