Mumbai: The Western Railway (WR) and the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) have finally calculated the ticket and pass fare for air-conditioned local trains. The local will run on the Churchgate-Virar route and halt at Vasai, Bhayandar, Borivli, Andheri, Bandra, Dadar and Mumbai Central. It will start full-fledged operations from January 1, 2018, with 12 daily services.
The base fare for passengers travelling by AC locals for a single journey will be 1.3 times of the base fare of existing fare of single journey ticket for first class.
It is a Christmas gift for Mumbaikers as the city gets the first ever air- conditioned suburban train on Monday.
Initially, the suburban rakes had only four coaches, and later upgraded to nine cars in 1958, but as passenger traffic increased, the WR converted all rakes to 12 cars from 1990, and introduced the first 15-car rakes - the longest suburban trains, from November 2009. The train's halting time was calculated as it has automatic closing doors. While the inaugural run of the first AC local was met with overall enthusiasm, there were some issues that were hard to brush under the carpet. However, from the new year, there will be eight fast services between Churchgate and Virar, three fast services between Churchgate and Borivli, and one slow service between Mahalaxmi and Borivli. In the initial week, only six services of the local have been planned between Churchgate and Borivali. RPF and railway staff will be present inside the rakes to ensure people alight and board properly. The final fare chart will be out on Sunday. After the introduction, it was announced that around total 12 services (6 services in up and 6 services in down) of AC suburban train will be operated only on weekdays.Читайте также: Family identifies woman killed in deputy-involved shooting in Schertz
WR chief public relations officer Ravindra Bhakar said, "The fares have been decided, keeping in view the fact that the common man would want to travel on the train".
This comes to an average minimum fare of Rs 60 and maximum of Rs 205 per single journey, and a monthly season ticket fare of between Rs 570 and Rs 2,070 for a commuter.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Churches planning Christmas Eve services
- Turkey signals new steps to block Trump's Jerusalem move
- TZH: Salman Khan film smashes records!
- Pregnant Khloe parties with the Kardashian Klan for 'Khristmas'
- Chelsea's predicted XI: Alvaro Morata's return is Conte's best Christmas gift
- Lalu convicted in fodder scam, party to appeal in high court
- Serena set to return to tennis in Abu Dhabi exhibition against Ostapenko
- AIMPLB opposes Triple Talaq Bill, President to convey its stand to PM
- Google mastermind Eric Schmidt to step down from role in JANUARY
- UCLA QB Josh Rosen Will Not Play in Cactus Bowl