Harrison reportedly has signed with the Patriots, per ESPN's Field Yates, after he was cut by the Steelers. And though the 39-year-old Harrison hasn't played much this season, he has had a history of dominating Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher.
He posted a photo of himself with 40-year-old quarterback Tom Brady from the Patriots locker room on his Instagram account, joking that he finally has a teammate that is older than him. According to Garafolo, the Patriots did not put a waiver claim on Harrison as they wanted to take a look at the veteran linebacker first before making their next move.More news: Major, among four soldiers killed in Pak firing along LoC
The AFC North champion Steelers released the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker and 2008 NFL defensive player of the year on Saturday to make room for right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who is returning from a suspension for violating the league's performance-enhancing substance policy.
The Patriots shouldn't expect much from Harrison at this stage in his career. Harrison would get a chance to play against his former team if both teams advance to the AFC Championship Game for a second straight season.More news: UCLA QB Josh Rosen Will Not Play in Cactus Bowl
Harrison's playing time dipped significantly this season. Many felt that Belchick signing former Jets linebacker Davis Harris fell in line with that, even as Harris has collected dust much of the season on the bench. The #1 seed in the AFC though is still up for grabs.
The New England Patriots have won their fourth Super Bowl in the Brady/Belichick Era by defeating the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 in Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona.More news: President Trump signs $1.5tn tax overhaul into law
- Four killed as bus crashes into underground passageway in Moscow
- Jamie Carragher: Arsenal And Liverpool 'Will Always Fall Short' Of Winning Trophies
- Successful launch of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket observed across the Central Coast
- Google mastermind Eric Schmidt to step down from role in JANUARY
- TZH: Salman Khan film smashes records!
- Turkey signals new steps to block Trump's Jerusalem move
- Churches planning Christmas Eve services
- Modi inaugurates Metro's Magenta line section
- Chelsea's predicted XI: Alvaro Morata's return is Conte's best Christmas gift
- 37 feared dead in Philippine mall blaze