According to the most recent weekly flu report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Arkansas reported widespread activity. The CDC estimated that the flu has resulted in between 9.2 million and 35.6 million illnesses each year in the US since 2010.
And she says it is not too late to get your flu shot, peak flu season has not even hit yet. Some people claim to get slightly sick after getting the shot, other vaccine veterans say the shot hurts worse than the average immunisation ritual, and yet there are others who think getting vaccinated and taking store-bought medication are interchangeable.
"For this time of the year, the number of flu cases that we have had is ... higher than last year", he said. The most common side effects from the influenza vaccine are soreness, redness, or swelling at the site of the injection and, in some cases, a low-grade fever, headache or muscle ache.More news: Firefighter's family loses home and Christmas gifts in house fire
Seniors, those aged over 65, get the shots free.
Recently, flu and sinus medications seem to be in short supply at several local pharmacies, which begs the question have there been higher instances of the flu virus or are citizens simply "stocking up" on such medications in the vein of prevention is better than the cure?
Nurse B.K. Morris gives a flu shot to Winifred Quinn during a news event about the flu vaccine September 17, 2015, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.More news: Three takeaways from Steelers' win over Texans
This season, however, the new report suggests that Australia may not end up being such a flu harbinger. This of course includes loved ones and acquaintances who are older, very young children, pregnant women and people we interact with who have certain long-term health conditions and are more vulnerable to serious flu complications. Here's what you need to know about the 2017 flu shot's effectiveness-and the upcoming sick season in general.
It's also wise to not attempt to self-diagnose - "Unless a doctor told you that you have the flu, you can not jump to that conclusion". There is usually a delay in the onset of the virus in different parts of the country.
Most people will recover from the flu in a few days to less than two weeks.More news: Mumbai commuters to get air-conditioned locals from Dec 25
- clean and disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated.
- Rupani sworn in as CM of Gujarat second time
- Orrin Hatch Says He's 'Grateful' for Biting Editorial That Suggested He Resign
- Pregnant Khloe parties with the Kardashian Klan for 'Khristmas'
- Julian Assange's Twitter Account Again Available Hours After Being Deleted
- Miss America President Reportedly Resigns After CEO's Vulgar Emails Surface
- James Harrison Signs With The New England Patriots
- Man suspected of killing wife, children wounds officer in shootout
- Christmas celebrated with fervor and gaiety in Kerala
- Very cold and blustery through Tuesday; Friday snow risk fades some
- Turkey signals new steps to block Trump's Jerusalem move