The 47 years old 3-Feet-Tall Terrorist Noor Mohammad Tantray was killed in an encounter in Samboora village of south Kashmir's Pulwama district. Army, police and CRPF launched a joint operation and in the ensuing encounter, a Jaish terrorist was killed.
A crack team of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, acting on a specific input, had cordoned off a cluster of houses at Samboora which resulted in a fierce gunbattle leading to the elimination of the top JeM commander.
In occupied Kashmir, a complete shutdown was observed on the second consecutive day, today, in Tral and Aripal areas of south Kashmir's Pulwama district to mourn the killing of Noor Mohammed Tantray. It is also said by the officials that the security forces are still searching for the other terrorist.More news: Modi inaugurates Metro's Magenta line section
"Soon he became a key man of JeM in coordinating and organising attacks at different places, including the BSF camp attack near Srinagar airport this year", said the police.
He was also involved in the grenade attack carried on State PWD Minister Naeem Akhtar's cavalcade in Tralon 21 September. There was input about the presence of two to three terrorists near the national highway who were "planning to attack convoy", the DGP tweeted.
Tantray's death is seen as a big blow for the JeM.More news: Rupani sworn in as CM of Gujarat second time
Soldiers take position during a gun fight between security forces and militants in which three soldiers and a militant were killed n Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Feb 14, 2017. "Search operations in area are on to identify and arrest them".
Police sources said Tantray was a close aide of Gazi Baba, the slain Pakistani Jaish commander and mastermind of the December 2001 Parliament attack, but had no role in that assault.
Afting jumping the parole, he joined JeM and has been a major perpetrator in several attacks on the forces in Kashmir.More news: Mumbai commuters to get air-conditioned locals from Dec 25
He served a sentence at Central Jail in Srinagar and was out on parole in 2015, the spokesman said.
- Orrin Hatch Says He's 'Grateful' for Biting Editorial That Suggested He Resign
- Four killed as bus crashes into underground passageway in Moscow
- Miss America President Reportedly Resigns After CEO's Vulgar Emails Surface
- British Woman Sentenced To Three Years In Egyptian Prison
- Man suspected of killing wife, children wounds officer in shootout
- UCLA QB Josh Rosen Will Not Play in Cactus Bowl
- Facebook now shows if your account was influenced by Russian propaganda
- Serena set to return to tennis in Abu Dhabi exhibition against Ostapenko
- TZH: Salman Khan film smashes records!
- President Trump signs $1.5tn tax overhaul into law