The two were on a plane from Los Angeles to Tokyo that turned around four hours into its flight.
The airline added that it is researching the situation to discover how the passenger made it on board and apologized to its passengers for the inconvenience.
All Nippon Airways apologized to its passengers saying it “failed to deliver the customer service we strive for.”
The passenger reportedly had a boarding pass for a United flight, not an ANA flight, which makes this entire mix-up even more confounding, given the number times are an airline passenger's boarding pass and identification are scanned and scrutinized from the time they arrive at an airport to the time they're allowed on a plane.
Photo Chrissy Teigen with her husband, John Legend.
"A flying first for me: 4 hours into an 11 hour flight and we are turning around because we have a passenger who isn't supposed to be on this plane", her first tweet read.More news: Man suspected of killing wife, children wounds officer in shootout
"During the flight, the cabin crew became aware that one of the passengers boarded the incorrect flight and notified the pilot", the statement said.
The airline said it takes great pride in providing "exemplary customer service" but "failed to do so" on this flight.
"Why not just land in Tokyo and send the other person back?" she tweeted.More news: Orrin Hatch Says He's 'Grateful' for Biting Editorial That Suggested He Resign
The flight was scheduled to take off this morning, but passengers were not pleased.
She joked later that she was in a room with "water and a tv". The 32-year-old beauty claimed the person did not have the right boarding pass to be on the plane, and demanded to know more from the police after she said she witnessed fellow passengers being questioned over the "mystery person". We are on ANA.
"Taking off! Please don't be the same menu please don't be the same menu", she quipped. "Flight time, 8 hours and 20 minutes". ANA would like to express its apologies to the passengers for the inconvenience.More news: NJ Gov. Christie orders towns to accept 2018 tax prepayments
- Liverpool boss Klopp holding talks with Mignolet over form and focus
- Firefighter's family loses home and Christmas gifts in house fire
- Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) announced with Infinity Display and dual-lens camera
- Russia Slams Trump's 'Aggressive' North Korea Rhetoric, Tells Tillerson it is 'Unacceptable'
- Kulbhushan Jadhav's Wife, Mother To Meet Him Today In Pakistan
- Jaish-e-Muhammad's 3-feet-tall 'deadly' commander killed in J&K encounter
- Mumbai commuters to get air-conditioned locals from Dec 25
- UCLA QB Josh Rosen Will Not Play in Cactus Bowl
- Turkey signals new steps to block Trump's Jerusalem move
- Rupani sworn in as CM of Gujarat second time