Sean Spicer, former White House press secretary, told reporters earlier this year that Trump's tweets should be treated as official presidential statements, which appears to mean the official United States position is that global warming could be a good thing.
Following days of cold weather and forecasts of record lows to come, President Donald Trump tweeted that "we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming".
Trump's views on climate change and global warming have proved controversial in the past as well. "Bundle up!", the science-denying tycoon tweeted out on December 28.More news: Julian Assange's Twitter Account Again Available Hours After Being Deleted
In response to Donald Trump's tweet in mockery of global warming, the opposition was on fire.
Long-term trends. Scientists once again pointed out that weather and climate are not the same thing-and 2017 is still expected to be one of the hottest years on record. Naturally many were quick to point out the utter stupidity of what he wrote, that just because it's cold now doesn't mean climate change isn't real.
Of the Mueller probe, he said it makes America "look very bad, and it puts the country in a very bad position".More news: Rockies, RHP Davis agree to three-year, $52 million deal
The bitter cold this week underscores a stark reality for low-income Americans who rely on heating aid: Their dollars aren't going to go as far this winter. "Do you even know what climate is?!" an additional tweet stated. The job loss numbers are contested even in the US.
I'm going to say something really insane: I believe in science.
The Trump administration has been a frequent skeptic of climate change science and rolled back initiatives to combat climate change, including withdrawing from the Paris climate accord. Or does nothing he does surprise you anymore?More news: [Teams] Crystal Palace vs Arsenal: Confirmed Line-Ups From Selhurst Park
- Dirk Koetter to return as Bucs coach in 2018
- Egypt says 10 killed in attack outside Cairo church
- Erica Garner Was Reportedly Declared Brain Dead
- Dana White Reveals Targeted Return Date, Opponent For Conor McGregor
- Russian Federation claims U.S. training former ISIS fighters in Syria
- NJ Gov. Christie orders towns to accept 2018 tax prepayments
- Apple Not Happy With Clothing Company Using The Name Steve Jobs
- Tokyo flight turns back after passenger 'boards with wrong ticket'
- Princesses Can't Act, Or Meghan Markle Would Be a Bond Girl
- Bomb rips through St Petersburg supermarket with shrapnel injuring 10 Christmas shoppers