Garner was hospitalized in critical condition earlier this month after suffering a heart attack.
She died at Woodhull Hospital of natural causes, according to the Reverend Al Sharpton, as reported by the New York Post.More news: Dirk Koetter to return as Bucs coach in 2018
Garner has been in a coma since Saturday after an asthma attack triggered the massive heart attack.
Garner's official Twitter account, run by her family and friends since she became ill, asked that she be remembered as a mother, daughter, sister and aunt with a heart "bigger than the world". She cared when most people wouldn't have. The Staten Island native's death was captured on video, as New York Police Officer, Daniel Pantaleo, tackled the 43 year-old from behind on the ground and put him in a choke-hold. She was good. She only pursued right, no matter what. "We didn't deserve her", read messages from Garner's Twitter, now operated by a family member. The mother of two had remained on life support Thursday morning. Though Garner's death was ruled a homicide, the grand jury did not indict Pantaleo and the city of NY settled with Garner's estate for $5.9 million.
Following her father's death, Garner led marches in NY and elsewhere, drawing attention to the plight of African-Americans who've been victims of police brutality.More news: Husband in custody, 2 officers suspended following woman's death
His last words were "I can't breathe", a statement that was used during marches and protests from angry civilians who demanded justice. "What do you want from marching?' He was my father", Garner told NBC News in 2015.
Ms Garner became a prominent member of the Black Lives Matter movement following her father's death.More news: Trump says East Coast could use some global warming
- Dana White Reveals Targeted Return Date, Opponent For Conor McGregor
- Egypt says 10 killed in attack outside Cairo church
- Experts predict a bad flu season for Texas
- NJ Gov. Christie orders towns to accept 2018 tax prepayments
- Bomb rips through St Petersburg supermarket with shrapnel injuring 10 Christmas shoppers
- Apple raises pay for Tim Cook, other top executives
- Rocket fired from Gaza hits building in Israeli town, 2 others intercepted
- David Moyes baffled by Bournemouth's 'killer' equaliser
- Apple Not Happy With Clothing Company Using The Name Steve Jobs
- Freshman QB Keytaon Thompson leads Mississippi State past Louisville in TaxSlayer Bowl