It has been reported that Coutinho has been very interested in joining Barcelona and although the Blaugrana signed Ousmane Dembele in a 180-million-euros deal, they are said to be keen on the Brazilian to replace the aging Andres Iniesta.
Such an error was spotted and removed within minutes, although it only appears to have served to ramp up speculation that Coutinho will finally swap Merseyside for the sunnier climes of Catalonia after months of speculation and a summer saga which saw Liverpool reject three bids in excess of £100m despite receiving a transfer request.
Coutinho is sponsored by Nike and wears their boots.
Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho has reportedly made a decision to start looking at houses in Barcelona.More news: South Korea proposes high-level talks with North
Barcelona's pursuit of Philippe Coutinho is no secret.
A specific Coutinho page on Nike's website was taken down as fans jumped on the confirmation. Get your 2017-18 FC Barcelona kit with the Magician's name on it. Act fast - free personalisation only available until January 6, ' read the message on their English website, while it also appeared on their Portuguese, Spanish and Italian versions among others.
In fact, Paulinho has apparently been making jokes about Coutinho looking for a house in Spain, which might actually be true.
Liverpool did of course recently announce the signing of Virgil van Dijk for the hefty fee of £75m.More news: Winter Weather Advisory issued for forecasted Friday snowfall
Jurgen Klopp, when asked about Coutinho's future before the Leicester game, denied a move was imminent in order to offset the cost of Van Dijk's arrival.
'Nobody told me that. I have no information about that.
'I was really happy about the last few performances and about his impact.More news: Instagram will now include 'recommended posts' in your feeds
- Eagles stand behind Nick Foles after another lackluster game
- Two arrested for grisly family murder
- LG Display creates 88 inch 8K OLED
- CBFC's Prasoon Joshi said only modifications were suggested in 'Padmavati'
- New Year Brings Record Cold Temperatures
- US Crude Oil Inventories Have Fallen ~10.6% in 2017
- Texans GM Rick Smith takes leave of absence
- New Orleans Saints 14, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 13
- China Focus: China's factory sector shows resilience
- Second ship 'broke oil sanctions on Kim'