Barkley's current contract is set to expire at the end of the season and he has turned down the opportunity to sign a new deal so the Toffees have no choice but to sell him this month or they will lose him for free at the end of the season.
The 24-year-old came extremely close to a move during the summer transfer window, with Chelsea the main horse in the race.
The January transfer window is now open so clubs are working hard trying to strengthen their squads for the second half of the season and put deals in place for the summer.
New boss Sam Allardyce has always been resigned to the playmaker's departure and Tottenham were expected to rival Chelsea for Barkley.Читайте также: Fog delays 400 trains and 500 flights
Barkley is said to be close to fitness after an extended injury lay-off which necessitated surgery on his hamstring and has seen him out of action this season.
The England global is believed to be in London to negotiate terms with the reigning Premier League champions, despite having turned them down last summer.
That's according to "The Times" journalist Paul Joyce, who has developed a reputation over the years for being one of the most reliable in the industry when it comes to news relating to the two Merseyside clubs.
Barkley has been at Everton since he was 11-years-old, having been spotted by the club's late and prolific former scout Sid Benson, and made 150 Premier League appearances.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Candy Company Enlists Genetic Engineers To Save Chocolate from Extinction
- Justice Dept. Must Act on Allegations Against Clinton Aide Abedin, Comey
- Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots swell to $800M
- Iran's Oil Production, Exports Not Impacted By Protests
- New Year celebrations start across globe
- Bronx apartment fire leaves 16 injured
- Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch won't stand for re-election
- NCP wants Triple Talaq Bill be referred to Select Committee
- LG Display creates 88 inch 8K OLED
- New Year Brings Record Cold Temperatures