A Gadsden woman who said former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore molested her when she was 14 filed suit Thursday, demanding Moore and his U.S. Senate campaign retract and apologize for statements that she says are defamatory.
Finally, Corfman says she was subjected to hateful and derogatory remarks because of Moore's claims.
Corfman is not asking for any money, but wants a public apology from Moore, a block on Moore or his campaign making public attacks against her, and a judgement of defamation, her lawyer Neil Roman told WaPo.
Efforts to immediately reach Moore for comment were unsuccessful, and a text message to Kayla Moore, Moore's wife, was not immediately returned. Moore, the Republican candidate, lost to Democrat Doug Jones in a December special election.Читайте также: NCP wants Triple Talaq Bill be referred to Select Committee
The lawsuit then goes on to list more than half-a-dozen more instances of Moore denying the allegations and claiming Corfman's claims were politically motivated. "By this lawsuit, I seek to do what I could not do as a 14-year-old - hold Mr. Moore and those who enable him accountable". She said that at one point they were alone together in his home and he touched her in a sexual manner and attempted to make her do the same to him. Just last week, after the election, they filed a lawsuit in which they once again called me a liar.
Mr. Moore later in the same interview denied knowing Ms. Corfman, and accused her of political motivations in speaking with The Washington Post: "I don't know Ms. Corfman from a-anybody". Thursday, Leigh Corfman cites harsh personal attacks against her after she accused Moore of touching her sexually when she was a teen and he was in his 30s, The Washington Post reported. He denied the misconduct allegations, saying they were a result of "dirty politics". It also asks that Moore be forced to pay the legal costs of the suit and "provide further relief as permitted by law and as the Court deems appropriate".
But the lawsuit says Moore's claim doesn't spell out what he was asked, where the test occurred or include an affidavit from the person who gave the test.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Justice Dept. Must Act on Allegations Against Clinton Aide Abedin, Comey
- Feared Aussie strain took hold over Christmas, leading to more hospital overcrowding
- Iran's Oil Production, Exports Not Impacted By Protests
- Spotify Sued For $1.6 Billion For Using Thousands Of Songs Without License
- Organisations Respond To The EAC's Calls For A "Latte Levy"
- South Korea proposes high-level talks with North
- Is Coutinho to Barcelona good news for Juventus?
- Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch won't stand for re-election
- Khloe Kardashian will reveal baby's gender on family TV show
- Barkley undergoes physical in Chelsea