In a press release, the company said that the figure beat its own record with the Wii, which sold 4 million units in the same period.More news: Barkley undergoes physical in Chelsea
Business Wire has announced that the Nintendo Switch has become the fastest-selling console in U.S. history. This surpasses the Nintendo Wii at 4 million and is the "highest total for the first 10 months of any home video game system in USA history". Those games themselves managed to accrue some impressive review scores and sales numbers as well, meaning the Switch is and will likely remain a powerhouse in terms of moving units and making mountains of cash. The console had a strong start thanks to flagship title The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which has been purchased by over 55 percent of Switch console owners.More news: Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch won't stand for re-election
As you might expect, the president and COO of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Aimé, was more than happy to chime in on today's announcement. "Now that many more people have received Nintendo Switch systems for the holidays, we look forward to bringing them fun new surprises in 2018 and beyond".More news: Apple acquires Canadian software startup Buddybuild to woo app developers
If you still don't have a Switch, it might be time to admit that it probably does live up to the hype. The most recent mobile Nintendo game, "Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp", made an estimated 10 million in its first nine days after launch, versus $24 million for "Super Mario Run". In November 2017, it released an upgraded Xbox One X, which upon its debut became the most powerful video games console in history.
- Leigh Corfman files defamation lawsuit against Roy Moore
- South Korea proposes high-level talks with North
- U.S. suspends security aid to Pakistan over militant groups
- Khloe Kardashian will reveal baby's gender on family TV show
- U.S. to cut UNRWA funding if Palestinians don't return to negotiations
- Justice Dept. Must Act on Allegations Against Clinton Aide Abedin, Comey
- Game of Thrones Final Season of Six Episodes to Air in 2019
- Is Coutinho to Barcelona good news for Juventus?
- School Delays Due to Cold Weather
- CBFC's Prasoon Joshi said only modifications were suggested in 'Padmavati'