That store will close in early April. Those two locations were operated under the Sears brand but were not owned by Sears Holdings.
Sears Holdings Corp.is closing more than 100 stores around the country, including the Sears in Rapid City.More news: Candy Company Enlists Genetic Engineers To Save Chocolate from Extinction
Sears Holdings, the retailers' parent company, announced plans Thursday to close an additional 103 stores - 39 Sears and 64 Kmarts - across the county by early April.
But the Bellingham and Burlington Macy's stores and the Bellingham Kmart are safe for now.
Sears declined to say how many employees would be affected by the closures, but noted that most of the jobs are part-time positions and eligible workers will receive severance. Customers can use the store locator function on our web sites to find the location of their nearest Kmart and Sears stores.More news: Pakistan condemns terror attack in Kabul
Liquidation sales will begin as early as January 12, Sears officials said.
"Revenues were also negatively impacted by reductions in the number of pharmacies in open Kmart stores, as well as the reduction in consumer electronics assortments in both our Kmart and Sears stores", the November performance summary reads.More news: Powerball numbers: Did you win Saturday's $390.1 million lottery jackpot?
- School Delays Due to Cold Weather
- HP recalls 50000 consumer notebooks following "overheating" concerns
- Barkley undergoes physical in Chelsea
- Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch won't stand for re-election
- Jesse Lingard can't stop scoring wonderful goals for Manchester United
- Nintendo's Switch Is The Fastest Selling Gaming Console Ever
- Home of Roy Moore accuser Tina Johnson burns in Alabama
- U.S. to cut UNRWA funding if Palestinians don't return to negotiations
- Apple acquires Canadian software startup Buddybuild to woo app developers
- Justice Dept. Must Act on Allegations Against Clinton Aide Abedin, Comey