Sears Holdings, the parent company of Sears and Kmart stores, announced the closure of dozens of stores across the country.
The Centerville Sears is closing its automotive center in late February.
Sears Holdings, once the largest retailer in the United States, said at the end of October that it operated 1,104 stores, almost half the 2,019 stores it ran in 2012.More news: HP recalls 50000 consumer notebooks following "overheating" concerns
Liquidation sales will start as early as January 12.
Macy's shared this information with store associates on earlier today, because they are important to our organization and we wanted to make sure they heard about this change from the company. The majority of the jobs are part-time positions, Sears said.
Sears - which owns Kmart - announced more closings on its website Thursday. Since 2011, Sears has lost more than $10.4 billion.More news: FCC Chair Cancels Appearance At Consumer Electronics Show
While acknowledging keeping a store like Kmart is challenging for small communities like Red Oak, Billings adds the retail environment has been tough for Sears Holdings, in general, in recent years. Sears CEO Edward Lampert is also an investor in Seritage and chairman of the company's board.
According to the release, employees were notified Thursday of the upcoming closures.
Employees at the stores have reportedly been notified.More news: Trump slams FBI, Clinton for 'garbage' dossier
Macy's announced in August it was closing 100 stores, with the remaining 11 stores closing in the first quarter of this year.
- Tesla's Model 3 Story Is Getting Old
- ESPN at it again: Trump's 'af***ing stupid person'
- Jesse Lingard can't stop scoring wonderful goals for Manchester United
- More Stores, While Macy's Announces 5000 Job Cuts
- Lalu sentenced to 3.5 years in jail in fodder scam case
- Jon Gruden still won't say he's the next Raiders head coach
- Natural disaster hits San Francisco, shaking Berkeley awake
- Home of Roy Moore accuser Tina Johnson burns in Alabama
- Khloe Kardashian will reveal baby's gender on family TV show
- Alex Trebek is invincible and you can't convince us otherwise