Tripura, considered a Marxist bastion, will be on the path of development only if BJP is voted to power in the upcoming Assembly elections, said Shah. "The more they try to spread violence, the more the lotus (BJP's poll symbol) will bloom", he said. The general law and order situation is also very concerning where six of BJP leaders and two journalists were killed in six months and the state government is not willing to ensure impartial enquiry, he stated.
The party has been accusing the Manik Sarkar government of intimidating BJP workers in the State.
Addressing a public rally here in the poll-bound state, Shah said he had seen a lack of development and instances of corruption in the states ruled by the Congress or Communists and claimed that the BJP-ruled states were ahead of those states in terms of development and being corruption-free.More news: Federal pot policy change sparks confusion, crackdown fears
"The BJP does not want a change for the sake of it.it wants a change to bring about a qualitative difference in governance so that the condition of the lives of the people improve", Shah said. Chief Minister Manik Sarkar could not deliver the goods, be it in the field of employment or be it basic infrastructure like road, electricity and healthcare.
"Seeing the huge gathering here, I can tell that a change has become inevitable in this state".
He said that during Congress rule in the Centre, the state of Meghalaya was accorded Rs 5817 crore in the 13 Finance Commission but during Modi's rule in the 14 finance commission Meghalaya was given Rs 25413 cr.More news: Start time, TV schedule and how to watch FA Cup online
He added that more than seven lakh people, out of the 37 lakh population of Tripura, are registered in the unemployment list.
"Now it is nearly impossible to stop the BJP from forming a government at Tripura as the people are now determined to uproot the Left Front government in the ensuing elections democratically".
He further said that the Tripura government is not taking any action against the culprits of chit fund because the entire Cabinet of Manik government will be behind the bars.More news: Lalu sentenced to 3.5 years in jail in fodder scam case
"I know the Congress government in Meghalaya is set to go in 2018 and a BJP government will arrive...." The CPI (M) is the dominant party in the coalition.
- 'Raising Iran unrest at United Nations a blunder'
- NFL Playoffs: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams
- Almost $1 billion up for grabs in Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots
- Trump disbands voter fraud commission, says Homeland Security will take over investigation
- HP recalls 50000 consumer notebooks following "overheating" concerns
- More Stores, While Macy's Announces 5000 Job Cuts
- Green Bay Packers promote Brian Gutekunst to general manager position
- Tesla's Model 3 Story Is Getting Old
- Alex Trebek is invincible and you can't convince us otherwise
- Jags defeat Bills in defensive battle