On Thursday The Late Show's Stephen Colbert released a spoof ad asking the President to consider his show in all categories, including "Least Breitbarty", "Fakest Dishonesty", "Dishonestest Corruption", and for "The Eric Trump Memorial Award for Disappointment".
He added: "Subjects will cover Dishonesty and Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media".
On 3 January Mr Trump said he would be announcing "THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR" on Monday 8 January at 5.00pm. "The interest in and importance of, these awards is far greater than anyone could have anticipated".
"CNN "MISTAKENLY" reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J Trump Jr had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks", is the second story on the list.More news: Lalu sentenced to 3.5 years in jail in fodder scam case
"I get it. There's one viewer that you care about right now and you're being obsequious and you're being a factotum in order to please him, OK", Tapper said on "State of the Union", appearing to reference the president.
Late night hosts took advantage of Trump's latest invention to poke fun at the president - and put themselves up for the honor, of course.
Well, Trump has now announced a schedule change. "So that was Donald Trump's day on Twitter".
U.S. President Donald Trump returns to the White House from Camp David, in Washington, U.S., January 7, 2018. "This is a real dilemma for the president because, on one hand, he loves awards and trophies. Stay tuned!" the president tweeted.More news: North Korea missile crashes into its own cities
Mr. Trump has continued to attack mainstream outlets like the "failing" New York Times, even while he gives them interviews.
In an email to supporters of the president on December 28, the Trump campaign had sought nomination for the "King of Fake News" trophy.
Trump has regularly slammed the coverage of his campaign and time in the White House.More news: Sean Payton Takes Out The Broom As Saints Celebrate Sweep vs. Panthers
- NFL Playoffs: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams
- Deviljho Is Monster Hunter
- Trump could drive Pakistan towards 'full service' to China
- Almost $1 billion up for grabs in Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots
- Jon Gruden still won't say he's the next Raiders head coach
- Federal pot policy change sparks confusion, crackdown fears
- Jesse Lingard can't stop scoring wonderful goals for Manchester United
- How To Watch SpaceX Launch The US Government's Mysterious Zuma Spacecraft Today
- Start time, TV schedule and how to watch FA Cup online
- New Brunswick adds 4200 jobs, unemployment rate drops in December