Singh said the wall is now repainted in cream.
Haj House in Lucknow, which was painted saffron by Yogi government, is being repainted. From electric poles to state buses, booklets and posters to towels, even chairs he sits on for meetings or conferences are reportedly saffron.
He also issued a press note on Saturday, which says that the contractor was negligent in "painting the wall in a bit darker shade than what was approved".More news: Tesla's Model 3 Story Is Getting Old
The Uttar Pradesh government has issued a clarification stating that extra coating of the paint made the walls appear saffron, which is now being repainted in white. "An action is also being taken against the contractor", he said, in a statement.
The work was done by the UP estates department late on Thursday night and the Haj office staff was not immediately available for a reaction, Friday being a holiday.
Tanzeem Ulema-e-Hind State President Maulana Nadeemuljwadi had lodged strong protest warning the BJP government not to indulge in such acts which provoke religious sentiments of the community members.
The BJP is often associated with the saffron, which is regarded as the holiest colour in Hinduism.More news: Start time, TV schedule and how to watch FA Cup online
"The BJP is a party known for changing colours".
"What is this? The BJP will paint it saffron, the SP will choose green and the BSP blue..." But as the saffron had a thick coating, the wall took a cream colour. "Saffron is a colour which symbolises ujala (brightness) and urja (energy)", he claims.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mohsin Raza told the media "I fail to understand the problem of those having issues with the new colour. After all, only the outer wall of the government office has been painted and not the building or any personal property of any individual", he said.More news: This Android virus can steal your banking info: Save your phone now
- Golden Globes 2018: Stars take activists as dates on red carpet
- Jon Gruden still won't say he's the next Raiders head coach
- Change of govt inevitable in Tripura: Amit Shah
- Almost $1 billion up for grabs in Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots
- Lalu sentenced to 3.5 years in jail in fodder scam case
- Trump could drive Pakistan towards 'full service' to China
- Jags defeat Bills in defensive battle
- Alex Trebek is invincible and you can't convince us otherwise
- Pakistan condemns terror attack in Kabul
- New Brunswick adds 4200 jobs, unemployment rate drops in December