Her roommate later said he and Roland planned to meet later Sunday, but he told KPRC he didn't hear from her again. Police say most of the time she was missing, she was searching for her phone - which was found in her auto.
She is thought to be wearing a camo fleece with an orange Remington hat and driving a 2015 Silver Jeep Cherokee with license plate HZC7778.
Original report: Houston police are searching for a 29-year-old sports reporter who went missing after telling her friends that she thought someone was following her, according to multiple reports.
Courtney's mother said she received a odd text from her phone that said "hello the owner of this phone Courtney". Her Jeep was found later that evening and her purse was found at a nearby business.More news: Start time, TV schedule and how to watch FA Cup online
Police declined to say exactly where she was found, although officers said she appeared to be unharmed.
No further information was released.
Roland covers Texas A&M athletics for Rivals, a Yahoo!-owned online publication focusing on college sports. Her phone and other items were inside the vehicle. Police say they won't immediately say where she was found. After she parked, the roommate told KPRC "the blue truck looped back around and parked behind her. ..."
Brian Perroni, a reporter with sports news site 247Sports and who described himself as a family friend, told NBC News that Roland's auto, purse and phone were found in the Galleria mall area Sunday afternoon.More news: Jags defeat Bills in defensive battle
She wasn't aware that she had been reported as missing and her state of confusion caused her to lose track of time, police said.
Houston police Chief Art Acevedo and Gov. Greg Abbott shared tweets getting the message out on Roland's vanishing.
Anyone with information is asked to call HPD Missing Persons at 832-394-1840.More news: Alex Trebek is invincible and you can't convince us otherwise
- Change of govt inevitable in Tripura: Amit Shah
- ESPN at it again: Trump's 'af***ing stupid person'
- Trump disbands voter fraud commission, says Homeland Security will take over investigation
- Green Bay Packers promote Brian Gutekunst to general manager position
- 'Raising Iran unrest at United Nations a blunder'
- Trump slams FBI, Clinton for 'garbage' dossier
- NFL Playoffs: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams
- Samsung's new 8K TV features AI, can upscale video to 8K
- More Stores, While Macy's Announces 5000 Job Cuts
- Jon Gruden still won't say he's the next Raiders head coach