Anti-Houthi forces, backed by a Saudi-led coalition, have intensified an offensive against the Iran-aligned group that controls most of northern Yemen since former President Ali Abdullah Saleh was killed after he switched sides in Yemen's almost three-year-old civil war.
The aircraft went down in Saada province.
The political party, previously led by former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who was killed in December 2017, described the step as an "attempt to hijack and control the GPC with an aim to justify the policies of robberies, crimes and killings imposed by Houthi militias on party members".More news: Nvidia unveils 65-inch 4K gaming monitors
"The Arab Coalition Forces Command implemented a private joint operation in participation of air and land forces to evacuate two pilots to Saudi Arabia", the spokesman added.
The GPC did not mention the Houthis, the group with which Saleh made a coalition.
Forces loyal to President Abdrabbu Mansour Hadi's government captured most of the district in heavy fighting with the Houthis last month.More news: Google Pay is official: Bundling Google's numerous payment services under one brand
The war between Houthis and the coalition-backed Hadi's government forces has recently intensified in the country's northern province of Jawf and the western Red Sea coasts.
United Nations deputy envoy Maeen Sharim arrived in Yemen's rebel-held capital Sanaa on Saturday, a security official at Sanaa airport told Xinhua.
The almost three-year stalemated war in Yemen has killed more than 10,000 people, displaced 3 million, damaged critical infrastructure, fuelled a cholera outbreak and pushed the Arab world's poorest country to the brink of starvation.More news: Golden Globes 2018: Stars take activists as dates on red carpet
- Trump postpones his 'fake news' awards
- Jags defeat Bills in defensive battle
- ESPN at it again: Trump's 'af***ing stupid person'
- Lalu sentenced to 3.5 years in jail in fodder scam case
- Green Bay Packers promote Brian Gutekunst to general manager position
- UP govt blames contractor for saffron on Haj office wall
- NFL Playoffs: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams
- National Football League to look into Panthers' handling of injury to Cam Newton
- Alex Trebek is invincible and you can't convince us otherwise
- Samsung's new 8K TV features AI, can upscale video to 8K