Making its debut through the event this week, the company has brought forward a brand-new concept laptop called Project Linda.
The laptop will seamlessly dock the Razer Phone inside the chassis (where you'd normally find the touchpad) and will use the phones 8gb of RAM to run the computer.
Razer hopes that Project Linda will be a new era for mobile computing, blending the familiar Android environment with the ease of use of a laptop.More news: 'Raising Iran unrest at United Nations a blunder'
A full-size, built-in keyboard adds to the capabilities of Project Linda, providing enhanced productivity and differentiated gaming experiences. It has Razer's Chroma keyboard so you get the full customizable backlight experience. And the Razer Phone's 120Hz refresh rate translates to smooth visuals on the larger 13.3-inch laptop's display as well.
The Razer Phone has caught industry watchers a bit off guard, to say the least. The 13.3-inch Quad HD touchscreen offers the same 120 Hz experience as Razer Phone. Inside the laptop is 200 GB of storage, allowing for offline backups and additional local media and app storage. Other than that, it also carries 3.5mm audio jack, USB-A port, USB-C charging port, 720p webcam, and dual-array microphone.
Because it's still a concept, Project Linda doesn't have a release date or a price.More news: H&M apologizes for ad of black boy in 'Coolest Monkey' hoodie
I for one can't help but feel like this project is a bit of extra justification for the Razor phone's shortcomings and existence.
Razer is demoing its newest concept design, Project Linda, at CES 2018. More than 4,000 companies compete for accolades at CES, the world's most prestigious tech tradeshow. This is the same road Razer's Project Linda is following, it only just has better specs. This likely means that future Razer Blade laptops will feature this display technology, which could make the company's excellent Windows devices even better for gaming. The 5.7-inch glass display on the Razer Phone becomes the combined device's trackpad and its front-facing Dolby speakers provide sound. Razer is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 1337).More news: Lalu sentenced to 3.5 years in jail in fodder scam case
- Golden Globes 2018: Stars take activists as dates on red carpet
- Green Bay Packers promote Brian Gutekunst to general manager position
- Red Sparrow Trailer #2: Jennifer Lawrence Is an Assassin on the Run
- Samsung's new 8K TV features AI, can upscale video to 8K
- Trump postpones his 'fake news' awards
- Federal pot policy change sparks confusion, crackdown fears
- How To Watch SpaceX Launch The US Government's Mysterious Zuma Spacecraft Today
- Golden Globes: 10 Memorable Moments From the Show
- Yemeni army regains key mountain range bordering Saudi Arabia
- Manhunt underway for suspected cop killer in Washington state